Thread: Hello Everybody

Default Hello Everybody

Hi all, I'm a 39 yr old male. Been a DL as long as I can remember. I was very late potty training and still remember wearing diapers at night/car trips and such.

I thought i was alone and weird in this for most of my life, I did not have a computer till about 6 years ago. Of course first thing i searched was adult diapers. The first AB/DL site I found was Bitter Grey's Den, I was shaking in my chair reading those first pages and his journal.

After many years as a DL I am now in the unique position of being incontinent after radiation treatment but still loving every minute of it.

My interest's are bacically in all things DIRT. Bikes, ATV's, Trucks, racing etc.

I'm not much of a typer or writer but look forward to spending some time in here.

Post a Comment
    Last edited by Koda; 18-Sep-2009 at 17:31.

Mesmerale

Actually, you're intro is one of the better ones.

It's more likely that your's got lost in the sea of other intros, and was simply missed.

~~

Welcome to ADISC!

We've been getting quite a few people coming in lately and I think you just got lost in the shuffle. Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear about your incontinence even if you're okay with it. I think it would take almost all the fun out of it, but it's great you're looking on the bright side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    We've been getting quite a few people coming in lately and I think you just got lost in the shuffle. Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear about your incontinence even if you're okay with it. I think it would take almost all the fun out of it, but it's great you're looking on the bright side of things.
    Thanks, figured things just got busy. The incontinence is not complete but functional. Can only hold for very short time after realizing i have to go, 5 or 10 min max due to the damaged muscle, and go every hour or less. Needless to say when out and about diapers are pretty much a must. Have the option of using a bathroom if very close but after many failed attempts i now just go and carry on.

Max absorbancy underwear are my daytime attire, Tranquility premium overnights are great and will handle several wettings while still being discrete and allow me to use the bathroom when visiting friends and family. If circumstances are right I still have the odd dry day here and there.

It has taken some of the fun out of it but having the choice of taping up a nice thick plastic disposable diaper (instead of the underwear) for a road trip, or a night of not having to run to the bathroom every hour helps to keep things from getting too tiresome. Have some low days but most are good. At least I can get out of them for a small break when i'm at home.

I have never told anybody about my DL side, got caught a few times when young but parents never pursued or pushed the issue and never fully understood the reason for the diapers. Now if anything is noticed by family or friends my treatment history answers any questions and I have not had to yet.

It's kind of ironic, not sure if i'm being punished for all the years of wanting and using diapers or if all those years were to prepare me for what was to come.

Sorry for rambling, have never discussed any of this before.... but this seems like a great place to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by untrained View Post
    Thanks, figured things just got busy. The incontinence is not complete but functional. Can only hold for very short time after realizing i have to go, 5 or 10 min max due to the damaged muscle, and go every hour or less. Needless to say when out and about diapers are pretty much a must. Have the option of using a bathroom if very close but after many failed attempts i now just go and carry on.

Max absorbancy underwear are my daytime attire, Tranquility premium overnights are great and will handle several wettings while still being discrete and allow me to use the bathroom when visiting friends and family. If circumstances are right I still have the odd dry day here and there.

It has taken some of the fun out of it but having the choice of taping up a nice thick plastic disposable diaper (instead of the underwear) for a road trip, or a night of not having to run to the bathroom every hour helps to keep things from getting too tiresome. Have some low days but most are good. At least I can get out of them for a small break when i'm at home.

I have never told anybody about my DL side, got caught a few times when young but parents never pursued or pushed the issue and never fully understood the reason for the diapers. Now if anything is noticed by family or friends my treatment history answers any questions and I have not had to yet.

It's kind of ironic, not sure if i'm being punished for all the years of wanting and using diapers or if all those years were to prepare me for what was to come.

Sorry for rambling, have never discussed any of this before.... but this seems like a great place to do it.
    No worries on the rambling, it beats the one word answers by a mile. At least you do get some warning. I'd think that would be a critical distinction even if there was nothing else for it but to go. It is a peculiar thing to happen, but particularly with prostrate treatment it seems a not uncommon outcome. I was just listening to a news story last week and the upshot was that men should pretty much choose for themselves (essentially by a roll of the dice) whether to treat prostrate cancer or not since the treatment can result in such unpleasantness and many varieties of cancer are not particularly threatening, slow growing, or both. I was surprised to learn that as of yet, there's no way to determine a scary agressive cancer from a relatively minor one in that area, other than to watch its growth rate, by which time if it's deadly, it's likely too late. How's that for a side-tracked ramble?

In any event, I don't think it's really a case of cosmic justice, just stuff that happens and at least you already knew what to do in that situation

^ Wish it was prostate...... or maybe not, I don't know much about it.
    After going to my doctor with severe groin pain, (of course as a guy the pain was dismissed and let go way too long).... advanced testicular cancer was discovered by the uroloigist.
    I was in surgery the next day to remove the offending nut. It was a rather slow moving seminoma but advanced to stage 2, spreading through the lymph nodes and heading for my lungs. 2 months of aggressive radiation was prescribed. It killed the cancer, (3 years now and still clean) but also damaged my bladder and bowels, the latter is not an issue and easily controlled with OTC meds.
    The urinary Incontinence was a small price to pay for being alive.

So for all the young guys out there, do not put off any problems down there, they can kill you.
    And as a precautionary measure you must play with your nuts every night.