Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help Picking the Right Diaper

Question Need Help Picking the Right Diaper

I have tried baby diapers, goodnites and pullups before. Now, I want to try adult diapers. The question is if they are too big for me. I need to know the right diaper. I am about 5' 4", 135 lbs, and have a 29" waist. I need a diaper that can be bought in stores because my mom doesn't work so I can't order offline. Any help will be appreciated. What diaper will fit me best that I can get in stores? Thanks in advance for your help.

Well, if you can find a medical supply store that carries something like tranquility or abena, I would go for the small/mediums sizes of those. However, if you only have access to chain stores your best bet may be the small/medium depends. They are ok, but to be really effective you're probably gonna want to at lest use some cheap baby diapers as doublers, if not some real doublers. I'm pretty close to your size and from my experience, most any of the diaper sizes in the small/medium range will work out the best. Some brands like tranquility have a specific small size which I think is something like 28"-32" waist, so that might be good too, but If you like a little bit of rise you may want a medium.

Has anyone ever seen Abena diapers in a store? I have come across Attends, Tena and even Molicare, but never Abena.

Jared

Someone else told me about this, forget who, anyway. If you live near a UPS store you can have the diapers shipped to the UPS store, then you can bike/drive/ride the bus to the UPS store, if you another reason for being in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by greendaytbfreak View Post
    Someone else told me about this, forget who, anyway. If you live near a UPS store you can have the diapers shipped to the UPS store, then you can bike/drive/ride the bus to the UPS store, if you another reason for being in the area.
    I used to send my shipment to the UPS building for "Hold for pickup" when I was ordering from a new place. This is when I lived with my parents, so I ensured nothing was shipped to our house.. even letters/ads/magazines. Instructions on doing this is on the UPS website. It was pretty cool, except one of my mom's friends worked for UPS, and scanned my box in that wasn't packaged discreetly enough. She looked at me funny, but w/e that was a couple years ago and I'm trying to not worry about it.

UPS: Hold for Pickup

however, I don't think this will be helpful if you can't buy online.

I suggest you try to convince your mom to let you have a debit card-- you're 17. I got mine when I was 15.

Well if your stick with Depends, I would try and get some booster pads for them so they absorb more then just the diaper alone. Your waist size is probably small or medium, I would start with the medium and if its to big, then drop down a size the next time you order.

Have fun

Quote Originally Posted by scarolina21 View Post
    I have tried baby diapers, goodnites and pullups before. Now, I want to try adult diapers. The question is if they are too big for me. I need to know the right diaper. I am about 5' 4", 135 lbs, and have a 29" waist. I need a diaper that can be bought in stores because my mom doesn't work so I can't order offline. Any help will be appreciated. What diaper will fit me best that I can get in stores? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Get medium adult diapers, they should fit you fine since me and you are roughly the same... though I am 5''11, 145 pounds and 30-32 inch waist.

As for what brand you should buy, you should do some recon and find out what stores you can go to that have them. If you really want good diapers though I suggest finding a medical supply store in your area and ask them what brands they care. Some may even special order diapers for you, though you'll have to pay for shipping, and what not.

A lot of online companies allow you to order over the phone, however, you would need a credit card number or a visa debit card, which you can purchase in a store and put money on it. Then, as mentioned, you can have it shipped to a UPS or FedEx location near you and pick up your diapers there.

I would recommend XPMedical 1-888-485-2268 or Magic Medical 1-877-245-7148. Both carry good brands such as Abena, Molicare, Tranquility, Tena and Attends. Don't be shy, they will help you with sizing and product choice.

As far as which diaper, that tends to be a personal preference, but you will see a lot of posts on here as to the best brands. If you opt to try a brick and mortar store, first scour the yellow pages for medical supply stores. They will most likely have Attends, Prevail or Tena. At least here in Florida, all you will find at large chain pharmacies is Depends and cheaper Tena pull-ons and store brands, all of which, are not very good.

As for your size, I would go for a medium diaper. You could fit a small, but you don't want to get a bunch a diapers and find out they are too tight. Plus, most of the cheaper brands have less padding so a medium would be give you more of it, Depends is a good example as the back padding does not come up very high. If you order and have shipped higher quality diapers, you'll have to choose what absorbency you want with X-Plus versions having the highest. Also, Abena's tend to run a little large so you might want to go with a small if you get those. Your size is right between a small and medium.

So, to summarize, priority would be order by phone and have them shipped. Find a medical supply store and get them there. Or, get some Depends or store brand.

I would rather go to the store so that i can use cash. My dad always opens my bank statement and sees my debit card charges before i get the chance to. I have pretty much any store at my disposal. I have walmart, cvs, walgreens, k-mart, and rite-aid, but no medical supply store within 30 minutes. Wut is the best brand i can get at these stores?

Quote Originally Posted by scarolina21 View Post
    Wut is the best brand i can get at these stores?
    Depends.