Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For all you nervous little babies

Default For all you nervous little babies

Those of you who are scared to death of going into a medical store and buying diapers, I have only one word of advice: Practice.

The more you buy them, the less nervous you get. I bought mine today in broad daylight with someone waiting in line behind me. I wasn't nearly as nervous as my first time, at 10:00 at night, no one in the store but the cashier, and she was a hot blond chick.

I also bought two packs of baby diapers at different stores, to compare them. Baby dry 6 and Cruisers 7. No one gave me a second look, or cared.

So, if you want diapers, just go buy them! Everyone's LAST suspicion is you, they are more likely to think its for one of your older family members. Also, for that extra 'errand' look, take a piece of paper with several items scribbled on it, and look at it often if you suspect someone is wondering why you are buying.

That fake list is a great idea latias. It's brilliant yet I've never heard it before. Very clever.

Quote Originally Posted by link View Post
    That fake list is a great idea latias. It's brilliant yet I've never heard it before. Very clever.
    I actually have several times, but it's a brilliant idea none the less. Also, I agree that practice works. Last time I bought diapers, I was waiting online for about 5 minutes, and I barely felt nervous.

I just buy some denture cream when I get diapers. puts all the suspicion off me.

it gets easier everytime you go out to get another pack. I admit im still hesitant every once in a while, but i always come out with something diaper wise

I've done the "Happy 50th Birthday" card, and a roll of wrapping paper with the purchase of adult diapers... the old "gag" gift ploy. However I order my diapers on line now so I haven't bought from a store in ages. I will say that eventually you just get used to it though...just walk in, don't make eye contact with anyone in line, pay for your stuff and leave.

-Gus

Quote Originally Posted by Angusmac View Post
    ...just walk in, don't make eye contact with anyone in line, pay for your stuff and leave.

-Gus
    Change the "pay for your stuff" to "wash your hands" and it sounds like peeing in the men's room. Not that I do much of that lately.

Elli

Quote Originally Posted by Angusmac View Post
    I've done the "Happy 50th Birthday" card, and a roll of wrapping paper with the purchase of adult diapers... the old "gag" gift ploy. However I order my diapers on line now so I haven't bought from a store in ages. I will say that eventually you just get used to it though...just walk in, don't make eye contact with anyone in line, pay for your stuff and leave.

-Gus
    Hehe. I hadn't thought of that trick! But now I'm imagining you putting your new additon to your stash away and hundreds of '50' cards tumbling out at you. Hehehe...

Yeah was well hard the first time.

I've learned to care not what people think, and 99% of the time no one will look at you twice.

I'm going to a medical store soon to buy more diapers, but a onesie and plastic pants (Can't be bothered to order online just yet) so that'll be a little more on the spot but it should be quick and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by cpndl View Post
    Change the "pay for your stuff" to "wash your hands" and it sounds like peeing in the men's room. Not that I do much of that lately.
    This gave me an interesting idea, use the restroom before proceeding to make your purchase(And wipe your hands off on your shirt/pants)...becomes fairly clear they're not for you then :P