Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMGOMG TRUEBlOOD OMGOMG

Default OMGOMG TRUEBlOOD OMGOMG

So this thread is for all things true blood on the forum.

Anyone else here gay for lafayette?

Quote Originally Posted by Valerye View Post
    Anyone else here gay for lafayette?
    I don't know who lafayette is because I've never seen true blood, but I love band wagons. So yes, I am.

Like OMG its TWLIGHT for the adults!

But really, I watched the first episode of it and it just doesn't do anything for me. I want this human/vampire love stuff to end since it got old even before Buffy the vampire slayer ended. (which is why Angel even got his own show.)

Haven't watched it yet, but I expect I will as the series creator/producer is Alan Ball and he was responsible for one of my all-time favorite series, Six Feet Under. I have no particular attraction to vampires as subject matter, but I'll give it a fair shake at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Oh, come now! Save for Lafayette's make-up there's not a single piece of girly glitter in True Blood. Comparing actual blood-thirsty vampires with glitter fairies (and I don't mean Lafayette) makes me a sad fan-boy.

So yeah, I love it. Despite it's sometimes overly obvious social commentary. "God hates fangs". We get it. Very clever.

At the same time it's the whole southern redneck setting that makes it work so well. Not just in the "let's laugh at the stupid hicks" way either. A lot of it feels pretty genuine.

As for the whole vampire thing I'm pretty pleased with them moving away from the human/vampire love story as the central theme in season 2. It was pretty old and done by then. Season 2 was just so much better. Especially letting Erik Northman take up a lot more screen time. I'd say he's probably the most likable asshole on TV right now.

DominatingMommy

I love TrueBlood.

Season 2 had a really good ending. Any clue when it starts back up again?

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Haven't watched it yet, but I expect I will as the series creator/producer is Alan Ball and he was responsible for one of my all-time favorite series, Six Feet Under. I have no particular attraction to vampires as subject matter, but I'll give it a fair shake at some point.
    My uncles love Six Feet Under and were raving to me about True Blood, making me watch the first episode (which I enjoyed).

Unfortunately True Blood hasn't made it to any 'real' UK channel yet.
    (Where 'real' denotes any channel that I can watch )

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    We commented on the recent trend of vampireness...
    True Blood, Twilight, Let The Right One In...

I very much enjoy the show.

I find it odd though... I'm watching a show with vampires and other mythical people/creatures... and the thing I find that bends reality the most... Jason Stackhouse... I cannot fathom that level of stupidity >.<