Thread: Hello from North Carolina

Default Hello from North Carolina

Hi everyone. I'm 42 and from the Piedmont section of NC. Like many of you, I've been drawn to diapers since I was very young. However, I really didn't purchase my first adult diapers until I was in my twenties. For many, many years, I struggled with this desire but I've long accepted that it will always be there. Now, it's mostly a positive thing for me. I've found talking about this with others helps a lot. I've lurked here some for a while. Reading what you guys have to say and learning how y'all have integrated diapers into your lives is very useful. Figuring out how diapers fit in my life is a big thing for me right now. Don't know if this makes sense, but I feel more "myself" when I'm diapered. It's like, when I'm not diapered, I usually wish I were, but when I'm diapered, I never wish I wasn't.

Eh, I'm struggling for words there. These intros are hard! Anyway, I'm a pretty nice guy and I generally tend to like most people (which gets me in trouble from time to time).

Guess that's all for now. Thanks for reading.

jay

Hi there. I'm pretty new too.

Quote Originally Posted by dguyjay
    Figuring out how diapers fit in my life is a big thing for me right now. Don't know if this makes sense, but I feel more "myself" when I'm diapered. It's like, when I'm not diapered, I usually wish I were, but when I'm diapered, I never wish I wasn't.
    Yeah, that makes perfect sense. It might be hard to put into words, but I think we all understand what you mean on an intuitive level.

Yes, it can be a struggle to talk about oneself... like one is so used to hiding this, burying it away, those shyness habits get ingrained... and you dont want to blurt something you can't unsay later... and it just feels awkward to talk about the thing at all...

But I know what you mean being more yourself... The same would go for the wanderers of dark and noisome streets in vampire cloaks and fancy canes... the fursuited... the transvestites... the jedi knights...

Welcome DguyJay. You sound like you've had a lot of the issued I've had over the years - trying to integrate diapers into my life without them taking over. I also didn't try diapers until my twenties but had been curious since I was a kid. This is a really great forum at ADISC. Hope you meet lots of nice and supportive people (I like to think of myself as one of them).

MyWorld

Quote Originally Posted by dguyjay View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm 42 and from the Piedmont section of NC.
    Welcome!

Just one thing: you say you're 42 but in your profile it says 41... which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie F View Post
    Welcome!

Just one thing: you say you're 42 but in your profile it says 41... which is it?
    I'm 42. I just checked my profile, and it says I was born in 1968. Should be 1967. I don't remember filling that out, but I must have typoed when I did. Or maybe I was just feeling a year younger that day.

jay

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    Yes, it can be a struggle to talk about oneself... like one is so used to hiding this, burying it away, those shyness habits get ingrained... and you dont want to blurt something you can't unsay later... and it just feels awkward to talk about the thing at all...

But I know what you mean being more yourself... The same would go for the wanderers of dark and noisome streets in vampire cloaks and fancy canes... the fursuited... the transvestites... the jedi knights...
    Right on, Raccoon. I mean, I'm not my diapers and my diapers aren't me, but we're such a good fit.

jay

Quote Originally Posted by snowboarder View Post
    Hi there. I'm pretty new too.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. It might be hard to put into words, but I think we all understand what you mean on an intuitive level.
    Thanks.

I read your intro, which was infinitely more varied and interesting than mine. Perhaps I'll be a little more forthcoming as I get comfortable here.

jay

Quote Originally Posted by MyWorld08 View Post
    Welcome DguyJay. You sound like you've had a lot of the issued I've had over the years - trying to integrate diapers into my life without them taking over. I also didn't try diapers until my twenties but had been curious since I was a kid. This is a really great forum at ADISC. Hope you meet lots of nice and supportive people (I like to think of myself as one of them).

MyWorld
    Thanks, MyWorld. I think I know what you mean about not letting them take over. It's one of the reasons I finally forced myself to accept that this is who I am. I still think I spend an inordinate amount of time thinking about diapers, but it was so much worse whenever I would try to suppress those longings. Back then, I would fret and worry and beat myself up over it. But I've been pretty cool with it for years. Now, when I worry, it's mostly about friends finding out.

jay

Quote Originally Posted by wwetbed View Post
    i hear ya!
    in any event, welcome to adisc!

peace!
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Charlie; 15-Sep-2009 at 14:06. Reason: merging multiple posts: try using the multiple quote button, the one with the quoatation marks