Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boring intro topic

Default Boring intro topic

Hi everyone, I'm snowboarder. Some people may recognize me from TBN. I love it at TBN, but it's kind of become like a private clique of friends and there's not too much serious discussion there anymore. Not enough as I'd like, at least. From the few times I've lurked on this site, I've noticed that there's never a lack of discussion, whether it's about diapers or more mature topics. I have no plans on leaving there, I just want something a little more and I think ADISC could be that something.

Now for a little bit about me. I'm 18 and a sophomore in college. I'm majoring in mechanical engineering, and I plan on transferring to a different university next year so that I can double major in mechanical engineering and aerospace engineering.

I first found out about my tb/dl side when I was around 11 or 12, but I never really had the courage to go out and buy diapers until about 2 years ago. I'm much more of a dl than I am a tb, and sometimes I still feel a little silly when using a pacifier. Since starting college however, I've observed that the intensity of my tb side is increased when I'm under a lot of stress.

I had a girlfriend, but over the summer she became my fiancee. She knows about my tb/dl side, and it really bothered her for a long time. It still does a little bit, but for the most part she's very accepting and supportive.

I love learning about science, and I've read a bunch of books on special and general relativity, quantum mechanics, dark matter, dark energy, and string theory. I try to make sure that most of my decisions, choices, and beliefs in life are based on logic and reasoning.

I'm pretty active outdoors too. I've been snowboarding for most of my life now, I think this coming winter will be my 13th season. I love traveling, and I've been to 28 out of the 50 states. I've never been to another country, but I'd like to one day. I go hiking a lot, especially out in the desert. Rappelling is one of my favorite things to do, and I'd love to do it more often. Unfortunately for me, I live on an island that is not known for having large exposed cliff faces. I also kayak, and I've been windsurfing a few times too.

During the process of proof reading this, I didn't like how many times I said "I", but there's not much that can be done about that in an intro topic. I briefly considered switching to typing in the third person, but decided that switching mid post might come off as strange. That being said, I'm going to cut this off now. If anyone has any questions for me, I'd be happy to answer them.

Quote Originally Posted by snowboarder View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm snowboarder.

>important stuff<

I'm pretty active outdoors too. I've been snowboarding for most of my life now, I think this coming winter will be my 13th season.
    SLOW DOWN. What?! Snowboarder... snowboarding!

Huh huh.

Good to see an intro worth reading, even if you thought it was boring! Post more!

No posting in the third person. That's Kenshi's job.
    Welcome to ADISC! Can't wait to see you in the forums or in the IRC.

Very nice intro. And yay for the accepting (or at least understanding) gf... /me is happy for you; it sounds as though you are very together, you know your strengths (and have several) and know how to have a good time... and go out of your way to do so.

Peachy

Intro without a lot of "I" = fail! In order words: Good intro!

Also, congrats of being one of the few males who manage to spell "fiancée" correctly (I shall excuse the missing accent), rather than turning your girlfriend into a male soon-to-be spouse (fiancé). At least she's not too disturbed any more by your TB/DL activities.

Enjoy your time here and do contribute to the discussions all over the board.

Peachy

dprdinky

Great Intro and welcome to ADISC

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    Good to see an intro worth reading, even if you thought it was boring! Post more!
    Thank you. I didn't think it was too boring, but I'm sure these intro topics are boring for the regular members. I just decided to be honest about that in the topic title. As for posting more, Your wish is my headache command!

Quote Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
    No posting in the third person. That's Kenshi's job.
    Welcome to ADISC! Can't wait to see you in the forums or in the IRC.
    I'll make a note of that. Thanks for the welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by wwetbed View Post
    nice intro

and welcome to ADISC!
    Thank you, I slaved over a room temperature keyboard for at least 10 minutes writing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    Very nice intro. And yay for the accepting (or at least understanding) gf... /me is happy for you; it sounds as though you are very together, you know your strengths (and have several) and know how to have a good time... and go out of your way to do so.
    Thank you for the welcome. Yeah, I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do with my life and what my strengths and weaknesses are. As for having a good time, you only live once so you might as well do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Intro without a lot of "I" = fail! In order words: Good intro!

Also, congrats of being one of the few males who manage to spell "fiancée" correctly (I shall excuse the missing accent), rather than turning your girlfriend into a male soon-to-be spouse (fiancé). At least she's not too disturbed any more by your TB/DL activities.

Enjoy your time here and do contribute to the discussions all over the board.

Peachy
    Thanks for the comments. I'm usually pretty good when it comes to spelling, and I'm constantly checking dictionary.com to make sure I've got something spelled right. When it comes to accent marks though, I just don't go the extra mile. I suppose I view them as similar to indenting when starting a new paragraph. Everyone knows you're supposed to, but very few people think it's worth the effort on a casual forum.

Quote Originally Posted by dprdinky View Post
    Great Intro and welcome to ADISC
    Thank you.

Mako

Theres quite a few of us TBNers on ADISC rather active or lurking. Though TBN will always have a special place in my heart as well; your right, ADISC has a lot more range in activity.

Welcome to the site Snowboarder.

Welcome to ADISC.

Viva la Science!