Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Store diaper dash

Xboxbaby

Smile Store diaper dash

Well after a year and a half with no diapers, I finally bought some. I happened to be in walmart, alone, and where I was going after was just down the street. I had my book bag so I put all my books in one hole clearing the other one. I went to pick up some goodnites walked all the way across the stores (cutting through clothing areas) and went to the register. When I got to the register I had to wait because there was an old lady in front of my buying stuff. Well just like my luck she didn't know how to use the debit card. So it took about 7 minutes with me just standing there holding a thing of 85-125lbs diapers and guess who weighs 120lbs? Yeah, so finally I paid for them, went right outside the door and put it in my book bag. I walked down the street to my destination. Once I got there I went to a restroom that no one ever used and put one on. It was great! I got picked up by my parents, hid the goodnites in my room and I have plenty left. My story shows patience will eventually pay off

Elli

Glad you managed to achieve what you wanted to do, and it's cool to see patience reaping rewards.

Way to stay cool under pressure. If you don't freak out the cashier won't even give the diapers a second thought

I could never stand in line with diapers that long, good job!

I'm 21 and still only weigh 130, and I'm taller so that makes me even smaller looking, so I kinda get nervous when buying goodnites too. Funny though, I never really get nervous when I buy adult diapers though, I think its because if a cashier were to actually enter reality whilst working they would probably assume that they were for a grandparent or something. Or at least I hope they would ...

I'm small myself 105, I get looks and questions sometimes, like are these for you.

I just say yes they are and they shut right up, I was buying a whole bunch of sleepers in target and I was asked do you wear these, I used the same answer.

Funny they never say anything else after that.

The more you buy the easer it will get. Today I have to ask some one to get the bag off the top shelf. I was in a discount store I got a bag of depends for 6.99

Elli

I'm purely curious here...so maybe some one would suggest an answer...Why do cashiers ask, 'Are these for you?' or similar? I've only had that happen once, but it was different because I was in a medical supply shop and the assistent tried to help me pick the right ones, so he asked me a few things. But, just at a normal checkout, why do they ask? If I bought condoms, would they say, 'Do you use these?' They probably wouldn't say that because that'd be too personal. Is it because they see DryNites as children's nappies so somehow feel they have a reason to comment, as though these things are not confidential in the case of children? And why is it significant to start with? If I bought normal underpants, would they asK who they were for? Hmm...

Xboxbaby

Quote Originally Posted by Elli View Post
    I'm purely curious here...so maybe some one would suggest an answer...Why do cashiers ask, 'Are these for you?' or similar? I've only had that happen once, but it was different because I was in a medical supply shop and the assistent tried to help me pick the right ones, so he asked me a few things. But, just at a normal checkout, why do they ask? If I bought condoms, would they say, 'Do you use these?' They probably wouldn't say that because that'd be too personal. Is it because they see DryNites as children's nappies so somehow feel they have a reason to comment, as though these things are not confidential in the case of children? And why is it significant to start with? If I bought normal underpants, would they asK who they were for? Hmm...
    Good point. I have never had an issue and if I am ever asked I will just say they are for my brother or something.