Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urban Legends

Default Urban Legends

Hey Everyone!

I suppose everyone has heard of the "Bridal Diaper" urban legend? I love that one!! I have also heard that many people at Disneyland wear diapers under those big costumes. I was just wondering what other diaper urban legends have you heard? And which ones are true?!

GaashaHuzzah

Bridal diaper...?

I'm not familiar with that one...

Quote Originally Posted by gaarafan4 View Post
    Bridal diaper...?

I'm not familiar with that one...
    Urban Dictionary: bridal diaper It's an urban legend among *B/DLs that brides wear diapers under their big flashy dresses so they haven't the need to use to restroom. I don't know if it's true or not, but I haven't ever seen it IRL.

I've heard that in the old days of Hollywood, child actors were made to wear diapers under their cloths while on set to reduce the number of breaks during filming. This is probably a myth.

-Gus

Well, there is that one about astronauts wearing diapers.
    Apparently it's true. I've heard they get 3 -- one for takeoff, one for landing, and one for a long EVA.

I remember reading on Wikipedia about filibusters in a legal context, and how lawyers used to just wear a diaper to them because they were so damn long.

Quote Originally Posted by Angusmac View Post
    I've heard that in the old days of Hollywood, child actors were made to wear diapers under their cloths while on set to reduce the number of breaks during filming. This is probably a myth.

-Gus
    One of the Olsen twins wore them on the set of full house when they were like 4-6. There's no really big confirmation of this but you can see something pretty thick under her dress if you watch closely when "uncle Jessy" was giving her a lecture. The clips on youtube somewhere, also no you can't see anything else asides from whats either a pull-up or a diaper.. or underwear that looks REALLY thick.

Hehe, I love this stuff!

I also heard that scuba divers will wear diapers when on long dives.

Quote Originally Posted by David315 View Post
    Hehe, I love this stuff!

I also heard that scuba divers will wear diapers when on long dives.
    That I don't think is true. It might be if they were wearing a dry suit, but if it were a shallow dive where they were wearing a wet suit, then people are actually encouraged to wet themselves in it to heat it up (disgusting... but true).

careybw

Quote Originally Posted by talula View Post
    That I don't think is true. It might be if they were wearing a dry suit, but if it were a shallow dive where they were wearing a wet suit, then people are actually encouraged to wet themselves in it to heat it up (disgusting... but true).

Most Drysuit divers purchase a 'Pee' valve attachment to their dry suit. Until recently, women dry suit divers either held it, or wore some type of protection. When diving, if you are not concentrating, you can quite pee yourself without realizing it. I prefer warm water diving, but drysuit can be fun. I would put an adult pull-up on underneath my swimsuit, and flannel clothing when drysuit diving. You still need to wear warm clothing underneath the drysuit, otherwise all the heat will escape to the water. Nobody notices, or cares if they do ask or find out.

I love diving. The closest I'll get to flying without going to space, or skydiving.

*It is my understanding that deep sea divers either use a catheter or a diaper*

**Here is a link on the subject on a diving board
    http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/exp...ml#post3187997