Thread: So, now that summer is almost over...

Default So, now that summer is almost over...

What is, in your opinion, this summer's best movie?

I only saw one so far, so I am withholding my opinion.

oh god that's a hard one.

So I'll list the best ones of each gern.

family movie: Pixar's "Up" in 3D (the 3D was semi worth it, due to the great detail and bright colors though the polarized glasses did make the color seem faded)

Action movie. Transformers 2. Big robots kicking each others asses with million dollar budgets for effects check. To the people who hated it since its plot was crap, well they are being idiotic. No transformers storyline has ever been good.

Drama/action movie: District 9. I would go into how great this movie is and for what reasons but then I would have to give it all away. (though if you LOVE the half life games you should really see it just for some of the weapons. pew pew pew.)

worst movie of the summer. Funny People... it wasn't funny and it was dramatic. wait till you can rent it from netflix if you really want to see it. Theres no real reason to see this on a 50 foot screen with surround sound. I would love to see Adam Sandler in a dramatic role, he nearly pulled it off at the end of "Big Daddy" and I know he can do it.

Mako

Action Movie: Inglorious Basterds.

Comedy: The Hangover

Drama: District 9

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    oh god that's a hard one.
    Action movie. Transformers 2. Big robots kicking each others asses with million dollar budgets for effects check. To the people who hated it since its plot was crap, well they are being idiotic. No transformers storyline has ever been good.
    Well thats a load of bull if I'd ever heard some. After G1 transformers, the series moved into a lot of good storylines, the original animated movie especially.
    The movie was terrible, not for the plot. But for the lack of transformers, decepticon personality, and horrible cinematography.

Best Movie Overall: Star Trek. Why? I haven't enjoyed myself at a movie the way I enjoyed myself at that one in years.

Best Drama: District 9. I loved it not just for the aliens, not for the amazing cinematography, but for the parallels to apartheid and the social struggles that even until now continue to plague South Africa (and other areas like it).

Best Summer Mindless Action Flick: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Come on, guys, are we overthinking too much? Of course we are. Let's just watch shit get blown up and watch John Tuturro act awesome again, eh?

Worst Film of the Summer: Wolverine: X-Men Origins. What a pile of dogshit horseshit.

Best Script of the Summer: Inglourious Basterds: This just barely didn't beat Star Trek as my favorite movie of the summer.

Didn't see alot of movies this summer so i'll say Transformers 2.

Inglorious Basterds was my favorite overall, but A Perfect Getaway was decent too(Woo! Nonsensical Violence and Plot Twists!)