Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DND Players? Any here?

Default DND Players? Any here?

Anyone here play DND ?

I just started at MFM, Any ideas to help me learn, online?

It seems I am fairly good at it ...

I don't play actively, but I've done, like, half a scenario as a bard under the SRD ruleset.

Speaking of which, adisc might be able to host an SRD D&D group... maybe I should start a new thread like that.

Free version of the DnD 3.5 ruleset.

Contains everything necessary for playing... except for instructions.

I used to play Rifts with some friends. (the circle of friends doesn't really exist anymore) We might have played Dungeons & Dragons a few times, I don't remember for sure. I don't think I ever really did my best though. I was always too self-conscious.
    Last edited by ShippoFox; 09-Sep-2009 at 00:24.

I used to play a lot of tabletop RPGs when was younger. Mostly a simplified Swedish version of D&D called Dragons & Demons. I also played Swedish versions of the early Star Wars and LOTR games. The one game I played that you probably know would be GURPS in a sci-fi setting.

I haven't played in a long time though. The closest I get these days is the occasional game of Munchkin. Unless, of course, you count D&D based video games.

I should really get into it again. Thinking back I had a great time playing. Anybody got any good tips for newer games without 700 pages of rules to plow through before playing?

I play DnD as a matter of fact our 4E campaign just came to a halt because players and the DM were getting too busy. We were using a tool called Map tool to play on line. It worked ok.

4e is what i played...it was so awesome, i want to find players near me but not sure where or how to do so

At the last anime convention I went to they had a D&D room set up. It was the first time I had played and it was a lot of fun. Never got into it again though.

Quote Originally Posted by RadGravity View Post
    I used to play a lot of tabletop RPGs when was younger. Mostly a simplified Swedish version of D&D called Dragons & Demons. I also played Swedish versions of the early Star Wars and LOTR games. The one game I played that you probably know would be GURPS in a sci-fi setting.

I haven't played in a long time though. The closest I get these days is the occasional game of Munchkin. Unless, of course, you count D&D based video games.

I should really get into it again. Thinking back I had a great time playing. Anybody got any good tips for newer games without 700 pages of rules to plow through before playing?
    What other game depends on a lot of factors that are hard to predict for other people, but most games have less of a financial outlay and general infrastructural requirement than D&D and suit me better in any event. On the other hand, there aren't as many roleplayers as there used to be and if you do find one, they're likely to know how to play D&D. I find that it's worth it to locate a game that I like and then persuade others to join me (much easier if you're willing to run the game). I might be able to give you some decent suggestions as to specific games but I'd have to know more about what you're keen on. PM me if you care to so we don't totally derail things.

To answer the OP's question, I have played it but I don't really care to anymore. I gave it another shot with the 3rd edition rules and while it was improved, it wasn't nearly as easy to have a good time with as other games I play (mostly homemade or heavily modified). If there was nothing else, I'd play it, but luckily there's other stuff out there.