Thread: Akira (live action film)

Default Akira (live action film)

A live action Akira is set to hit theaters in 2011 thanks to Warner Bros. The premise is to release two movies with each movie covering 3 volums of the manga.

I really liked the origonal film so I hope it's good and doesn't become another Dragonball Evolution.

Mako

Well, as long as they don't turn it into this. But they probably will ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    Bwhahahaha. That was as good as his Saturday morning Watchmen cartoon intro. (John can give you cancer then turn into a car!)

I really don't want this to happen. But, unfortunately, it probably will be like the Dragonball remake. I hate the mispronunciation of names, culture changes, and other 4kids-esque things they do. I'll keep my fingers crossed, though. :heart:

OO wow, awesome. I was only into Anime for a short time, but when I was, the original was definitely the best around. The live action has some potential, although only time will tell I guess.

Mako

The problem is going to be is that they'll probably try to grab the biggest audience they can and go for a PG rating. Considering that the film adaptation is rated R, well... it won't end well. The only thing that gives it promise is they're drawing from the manga instead of directly from the animated film; which though a classic in its own right, did condense quite a few things.

The only thing that gives it promise is they're drawing from the manga instead of directly from the animated film; which though a classic in its own right, did condense quite a few things.
    As long as they stay close to the story from the movie i'm good.

I'm interested in the manga now. I only read book #1, then stopped. They were like $25 each, and I just don't have that kind of disposable income.

EDIT: Are these out of print? There are "new" copies of Book #1 on Amazon fetching $100+, although it looks like you can get each one used for about $15.