Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How the diaper get wet

Default How the diaper get wet

Us men, when we wet the diaper, the wet goes the from the front of the diaper at slowly get wet in the middle of the diaper and then et goes to the back.
    I know if we put our penis now, it will still wet a little in the front, then et goes to the middle and then to the back.

What about you girls? How does your diaper get wet?

Elli

Your question does come across as a bit creepy, to be honest. There is a fine line between asking a question out of genuine curiosity and what you have done, which is asking the opposite sex to descibe the details of how their nappy does its job. It makes it sound like you want to get off on what you hope to hear. You could use the search option above if you really are just asking out of curiosity, and want to look it up and see if your question has already been answered, but I sure wouldn't describe something so personal in a thread like this.

Edit: Just noticed your location says Denmark, and I wonder if English might not be your first language perhaps, which might (or might not) explain why you wrote in a way that might be percieved as creepy, e.g. 'What about you girls? How does your diaper get wet?'. You maybe could have asked, 'Is using a diaper very different for girls and guys?' or something. Anyway, time for me to shut up now.

Quote Originally Posted by diamdiamsen View Post
    What about you girls? How does your diaper get wet?
    It gets wet when they use it or get excited?

GaashaHuzzah

Quote Originally Posted by balancedchaos View Post
    *sigh*

No fap for you!
    I have given you a great quote, haven't i? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Elli View Post
    You maybe could have asked, 'Is using a diaper very different for girls and guys?' or something. Anyway, time for me to shut up now.
    I think this is the gist of what he was trying to ask. And the answer to the question is 'yes'. In fact, the difference is great enough that (for babies nappies) girls and boys nappies are actually designed differently - according to Kimberley-Clark ( http://www.huggies.com.au/OurProduct...ies/FAQ.asp#q3 ) anyways. Yes, that's right, the differences do extend beyond which trademarked character is on the front!!

In a nutshell, while boy and girl diapers look identical (aside from the princesses and such), the difference in how they're constructed relates to the distribution of Sodium Polyacrylate - the chemical that absorbs the liquid and forms the gel. In terms of wood-pulp (the 'padding'), they're the same.

For boys, it's concentrated around the front of the diaper as that's where it's always going to be required most - even when lying down or standing up - with some around the middle of the diaper.

For girls, it's concentrated around the middle of the diaper, with there being lesser concentrations towards the bottom of the front and back. The logic for this is as follows: if lying on one's back, the liquid will flow from the middle to the back, and if lying on one's stomach, from the middle to the front --- so both cases need to be considered and contingencies planned

This can be seen quite easily -- if you have a girls and a boys diaper and submerge them in water (so that it's holding it's capacity of liquid), and lie them flat, the diaper will be thicker at the front on the boys and thicker in the middle for the girls.

In adult diapers, as far as I've been able to tell through deconstructing some, the distribution of Sodium Polyacrylate is spread evenly throughout the entire diaper - with some having more in the middle. If you have a diaper and wet it completely and lie it down, you'll be able to see that it will be a fairly uniform thickness throughout.

That's the technical differences, anyways. How different it is in real life, I have no idea. I'm lacking the required equipment to provide you the opposing view :p

Elli

I think you summed that up really well, z66r2v. There are also a lot of unisex baby nappies too though, like almost all the adult ones are. It's interestng to hear that, when submerged, they do swell differently rather than uniformly. When I used a Depends pull-up for my leaky washing machine pipe for a while, I left it there until full and it was thick but level. I always assumed that the girls/boys pull-ups and DryNites etc, were merely all about pictures of cars or fairies. But maybe I was wrong. I don't buy any kids nappies, but it was interesting to think about how they would work. I love to work out how things work! Thanks.
    Last edited by Elli; 08-Sep-2009 at 15:57. Reason: annoying typo

Quote Originally Posted by Elli View Post
    I you summed that up really well, z66r2v. There are also a lot of unisex baby nappies too though, like almost all the adult ones are. It's interestng to hear that, when submerged, they do swell differently rather than uniformly. When I used a Depends pull-up for my leaky washing machine pipe for a while, I left it there until full and it was thick but level. I always assumed that the girls/boys pull-ups and DryNites etc, were merely all about pictures or cars or fairies. But maybe I was wrong. I don't buy any kids nappies, but it was interesting to think about how they would work. I love to work out how things work! Thanks.
    You used a pull up to fix your washing machine? That's a bit odd. Haha.

But yeah, Kimberley-Clark and whoever Pampers' parent company is sell hundreds of millions of diapers every year, and they have to show shareholders they're adding value to their brands. New ideas = makes our product better than the competition = more people buy it = we beat the opposition in sales!

So to come up with new ideas, they hire engineers and researchers to come up with these fancy new things that they can market... if the engineers want to keep their jobs they have to look for problems that may or may not need fixing and they end up making something as simple as a diaper almost like rocket surgery!

Elli

That's true! When I see nappy adverts on TV, sometimes I could laugh at what they've come up with this time to promote the product. I mean, all new innovations that make things better for babies and parents have to be a good thing, but it's the way they say it! At the moment, Pampers say, 'Babies meet new people everyday, but when they are asleep they process the info and remember the faces they've seen that day, so sleep is valuable ('worth gold') and Pampers gives 12 hours of 'golden sleep' because of its unique dryness layer, making night changes less frequent'. It makes sense, but then you think, hang on, are they claiming the baby's nappy makes them able to be more social or smarter? It's a bit tenuous when you think of it like that.

As for the washing machine...Yeah, it sounds crazy but it worked! We had a constant drip leaking from a pipe, and we had to wait a few days to buy the right part to fix it. Until then we needed something to soak up the drips. We had a few rags, a towel etc, all the normal household things, or some cheap depends pull-ups that were in a sale and were pretty rubbish. The nappy worked brilliantly. Although, it did soak through, one night, and left a puddle for us to find in the morning. But it would have been a lot worse without it!

Anyhow, back on topic, I suppose the male/female designs are to do with marketing as well as actually being useful. Then again, the image that the nappies are just so absorbent that they don't require gender-specific designs is probably equally as useful a marketing ploy.
    Last edited by Elli; 08-Sep-2009 at 16:00. Reason: typo