Thread: need to find leather for sewing class

Default need to find leather for sewing class

ok i am making leather shorts, and probably a pillowcase and i can't find a place to getjust plain yards of leather please help
    Last edited by Slycamer; 07-Sep-2009 at 05:59.

Depends on how much you're willing to spend, really.

Living where I do, I have pretty easy access to Tandy Leather, which is a business based around here.

I used to do hobbyist leatherworking in the past, mostly for historical reinactments and costuming, and it can be an immensely expensive interest. Hopefully that website might be able to help you find what you're looking for. Or if not, perhaps it can lead you in the right direction!

I've checked into ebay before to find material to recover vintage trike and bike seats, and found lots of leather remnants for sale in different weights and colors. Just search by "upholstery leather" or "fabric leather" to narrow your search results.

~Pramrider

Quote Originally Posted by Dawes View Post
    Depends on how much you're willing to spend, really.

Living where I do, I have pretty easy access to Tandy Leather, which is a business based around here.
    Dawes: I seem to recall that the Rat Shack folks (owned by Tandy) started as a leather business. Is this the same one?

Brettuns Village Leather - Great leather at low cost!

They're in Maine. They sell many different kinds; butter soft hides to saddle leather, by the foot, by the yard, or an entire side. You can order over the interwebs with PayPal, or mail them a check.

Good people.