Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tena Slip In-Store in Australia?

Question Tena Slip In-Store in Australia?

Hi all!

I am going to be going to Australia some time next year. I have wanted to try Tena Slips since the day I heard about them. So, my question to you is this:
    Is it possible to buy Tena Slips in-store in Australia? If so, how much do they cost (in AUD, that is)?

I know that you can get them in the mail there but don't know 'bout in-store purchasing.

Thanks, SS

- - - Posted on my ancient PSP-1000 - - -

EmeraldsAndLime

Lucky you visiting Australia!

The supermarket industry in Australia is dominated by two major companies (totalling over 80% of the market share), and practically all grocery stores get their stock from the same suppliers. So don't even bother with going to them for diapers... none of them sell anything remotely worthwhile beyond Drynites.

Over the past year of so, the Tena diapers availability has increased somewhat significantly, although for the time being it is still limited to chemists/pharmacies... it's just that more places stock them now. If you're in and around a city, you should have no problem finding some.

You can get a packet of 22 small for about $32-36, or $15-17 for a packet of 8 medium. Although I don't think all places stock every size available... but small/medium should be okay. Definitely medium, if that's what you wear.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the help. I really do appreciate it.

*note that there are some notes to tell what type of store something is for americans like me*

yeah, i think i saw depends or something at coles (grocery store)

so, you said chemists (pharmacies) carry them? have you been to torquay? cuz theres a chemist (just torquay chemist i think) right by the wool worths (grocery store) and the post office i think. if you do know what i'm talking about, do they have 'em?

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by SoakedScripter View Post
    Thanks for the help. I really do appreciate it.

*note that there are some notes to tell what type of store something is for americans like me*

yeah, i think i saw depends or something at coles (grocery store)

so, you said chemists (pharmacies) carry them? have you been to torquay? cuz theres a chemist (just torquay chemist i think) right by the wool worths (grocery store) and the post office i think. if you do know what i'm talking about, do they have 'em?
    Which Torquay? There's three places here with that name.
    And no, never been there (to any of them) - although I'm assuming you mean the town in Victoria.

Haha. Good luck on your noble quest. It will be challenging, but if you persist, you will succeed.

Depends are pretty much everywhere. Your grocery stores, as Lukie has stated, will not carry anything more than Depends. Your big chain pharmacies will probably only carry Depends, and some of the select bigger ones will carry Molicare Mobile. Independant pharmacies are likely your best bet for an off-the-shelf Tena Slip experience, but in my experience, I've never been to a pharmacy that sold them. There are some of the uber-pharmacies which have web-presences that will def. sell them walk in, so if you do some research you'll be right.

There are a couple of ways to get Tenas here, though.

There are a couple of big diaper stores which also stock incontinence products (nappyland, premium nappies) and stock Tenas. They have retail stores, and you can walk in and pick them off the shelf. If you are going to be in Torquay, Vic, you're in luck - there's a giant nappyland store in Geelong, which is reasonably close.

If you're going to be near the capitals, then there's a big medical-supply company called Independence Solutions which sell all of the adult-diaper products we have in Australia. Fortunately enough, they have a showroom in every state where you can just walk in and pick what you want off the shelf.

Failing all of these things, you could always ask a local forumer to help you out

z66r2v got it spot on with the Independence solutions in every major captial city. you can also lo on to brightsky.com.au and they will deliver to your house (or whever you might be lodgeing) by courier any ammount and assortment of fun stuff for a flat fee of $5.50. so ifyou can handle recieving a big brown box where your staying then thats a good option.

also please keep in mind that just because a chemist doesn't have Tena's or any other Adult Nappies on shelf doesn't mean they can't just order them in for you if you ask them. of course this costs a bit more but does work.

Good luck mate!

So much to tackle so I'll do it all in one post

THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE HELPED!

Which Torquay? There's three places here with that name.
    And no, never been there (to any of them) - although I'm assuming you mean the town in Victoria.
    Yes, the surfing area in VIC.

There are a couple of big diaper stores which also stock incontinence products (nappyland, premium nappies) and stock Tenas. They have retail stores, and you can walk in and pick them off the shelf. If you are going to be in Torquay, Vic, you're in luck - there's a giant nappyland store in Geelong, which is reasonably close.
    HAHA that's funny that you mention that.

I remember passing that place on the way down!

you can also lo on to brightsky.com.au and they will deliver to your house (or whever you might be lodgeing) by courier any ammount and assortment of fun stuff for a flat fee of $5.50. so ifyou can handle recieving a big brown box where your staying then thats a good option.
    Yeah, unfortunately, that won't work... staying with family
    Last edited by LittleGinge; 21-Sep-2009 at 22:10.

Not that this is much help.. but I went looking for some Depend fitted breifs on the weekend. After I went to 3 CBD stores and they didn't have any (at all), I went on a mission to check all the stores between my house and the city to see who had what. WELL.

I went to 25 chemists(drug stores) and 4 woolworths (grocery stores) and a Big W.

Out of all of them, I could only find any sort of briefs at 3 of them. One of them had 1 packet of Depend Fitted Breifs in the large, one had Depend Fitted Breifs in Small and Large and also sold Tena Comfort, and the other had Depend Fitted Briefs in S/M/L and had a LOT of Tena products incl the Slips.

So unless you make a specific trip a long way out of your way, you might just be out of luck.

most chemists here are starting to stock stuff like depends
    iv'e yet to see tena slips, but it all depends on your luck
    however i havent been to torquay in over a year
    and last time i wasnt exactly checking out all the chemists for diaper stock
    so id still say youd have better luck with something along the lines of depends
    however if i have free time ill look up the chemist in the town for ya.