Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gaming Superstitions

Default Gaming Superstitions

What superstitions in gaming have you encountered?

Here's a few I've come across:

* Holding down + b in Pokemon to increase the chance of catching a pokemon
    * Holding b in Pokemon to increase the chance of an attack not killing a pokemon.
    * Getting items from the mystery box in COD5 when it's at it's brightest.

Statistically, there's no proof that any of these things work, but yet on gaming sites, you'd often see them passed as advice. Although, I will say that pressing down+b is good for the stress when trying to catch a rare pokemon.

Mesmerale

I can't think of any new ones for you..

>.> But I got to the point where I'd go back and forth between pressing b and a while I was trying to catch the pokemon...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamaker View Post

* Getting items from the mystery box in COD5 when it's at it's brightest.
    No, it's when it's at it's darkest, but this only works on Nacht Der Untoten and Verruckt.

And in racing games I always come off the throttle when I change gear.

Quote Originally Posted by ajsco View Post
    No, it's when it's at it's darkest, but this only works on Nacht Der Untoten and Verruckt.
    Does the fact that there is two contradictory versions, and nothing offical from the devs not confirm that this is a superstition?

I always held down B in pokemon...no matter if i was trying to catch a pokemon, if I was trying to not die (spammage of the B button lol ), or holding it down to try and get my attack to "last longer", and do more damage...especially at the elite 4. XD

god i remember barely holding on at the last battle with my last pokemon, 1 hp left, with a focus band keeping me alive for 2 turns in a row. ~__~;

zelda ocarina of time: saving every time i left the pause menu

any racing game: letting go of the throttle to shift.

call of duty: reloading every time i shoot (even if its only only one round)

When setting your box up at a LAN don't let the mouse hit the table you'll be on upside down when you dump your gig bag out. Works better if you tell people that before hand and then actually try to get it to happen.

Just plain say don't do *blank* or *blank* will happen. Kinda like when we always went fishing at a creek you never look at this one tree even though you have to pass it on the way to the bank, just jinx's people.

Quote Originally Posted by Codybear View Post
    This,

I've died many times because of it too.

Falkio

In the early versions of Pokemon, Mew was rumored to live under a truck on the docks of the SS Ann. People said you had to "slash the tires" or use strength to move it. There was also a rumor that Celebi could be caught at midnight by interacting with the shrine in Helix forest.

None of it was true.

Quote Originally Posted by Codybear View Post
    I do that ALL the time, just not with M60/RPD/SAW/MG42/M1919 ect.

It's actually saved my life many times.