Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti Assurance Wal-Mart :wallbash:

Default Anti Assurance Wal-Mart :wallbash:

I suppose I'll preface this by saying that I buy online as well and have two packs of
    Abena X-Plus in my gun safe with the rest of my supply, but I prefer to keep other
    brands on hand rather than use the same thing all the time. That and I like to be
    able to walk into a store and buy something on impulse should the desire arise.

My local Wal-Mart was out of medium Assurance diapers for three weeks. I walked in
    yesterday and saw one pack on the shelf and grabbed it. It wasn't until I got home
    that I realized that the package said "no more sticky tapes" with dread I opened the
    pack to find that they have gone to the faux cloth backing.

It is bad enough that most every store I walk into has stopped carrying "briefs" in favor
    of "protective underwear" but now I have to go to medical supply stores to find diapers
    with plastic backing. Almost every store brand has gone to these cloth like
    abominations. I wonder when depends is going to follow suit and do away with their
    line of plastic backed diapers?

I fear the day is coming that I will no longer be able to find anything but
    "protective underwear." No offense to anyone who prefers adult pullups but do I not
    get a chance to buy what I want anymore?

I think the reason they use this paper backing is two fold. 1, it's cheaper to manufacture. 2, it's designed to make the incontinent consumer hold their dignity. Protective underwear sounds better than adult diapers. It's like how Toilet Paper has become Bathroom Tissue. Used cars are now Pre-Owned. There's a comedian that talks about this to some extent, he's dead now, I can't think of his name atm.

well if i still have ones weth the sticky tapes at my wal-mart and i did not know they were plastic backed or i would have got them instead of my walgreens.

Our local Wal*mart still has the plastic ones, but it looks like they're phasing them out slowly but surely. Manufacture cost and the patient's dignity both come into play, as was previously mentioned.

I think we're looking at a future where the only plastic diapers we'll be able to find will be on-line, and strictly as a fetish item. Hell, even most children's diapers have switched to cloth. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by diapeybabybrian View Post
    I think the reason they use this paper backing is two fold. 1, it's cheaper to manufacture. 2, it's designed to make the incontinent consumer hold their dignity. Protective underwear sounds better than adult diapers. It's like how Toilet Paper has become Bathroom Tissue. Used cars are now Pre-Owned. There's a comedian that talks about this to some extent, he's dead now, I can't think of his name atm.
    It's George Carlin, passed away somewhat recently, he was a big speaker against Euphamistic Language, as it jades the truth

Also, yeah, I noticed the wal-mart brand switched to cloth-like recently...they seem to hold now at least...maybe it's just me though

Bottom line is that stores carry what sells... As far as the "cloth-like" diapers costing less to produce, I have never seen proof of this. I think most people the have to wear protection don't want the whole world knowing that they are wearing protection.

the walmarts by my house have stoped having the meidums size

Elli

I always thought plastic backed was cheaper to produce, because the cheapo baby nappies are plastic backed.

I also dislike cloth backed for the fact that its performence is inferior. But it's ironic that we say, give us a diaper just like the baby ones, the baby ones are great, just scale them up. And people want to fit into size 7 etc. But baby ones are all cloth-feel these days, aren't they? Except for the very cheap ones.

But, having said that, obviously the companies are not thinking about what the ABDL market want, so obviously they aren't switching to cloth-feel for that reason. It must be to make it more underwear-like for incontinent people who would rather wear normal underwear and not be incontinent. But there surely are incontinent people who prefer plastic-backed for the superior performence?

Anyhow, I too have to go to a medical supply store to get any plastic backed nappies. In Boots I can get cloth-feel adult nappies and other than that it's pull-ups only, usually Tena Discreet. It's way more humiliating to have to go to one of those stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
    It's George Carlin, passed away somewhat recently, he was a big speaker against Euphamistic Language, as it jades the truth
    Thankyou, I'm a big fan of him I just couldn't think of his name when I was posting, it was just stuck on the tip of my tongue.