Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the role of Christian morality in infantilism?

Quote Originally Posted by tdickensheets View Post
    Okay...what's your opinion on it, tdickensheets? Generally one posts text other than the link, I would hope.

My thoughts? Christianity has as much influence on my infantilism as it does the rest of my life: none.

^^^ Not so far he doesn't... Just posts links and copy pastes. I'd be surprised if he can form a sentence for himself.

As far as Christian morality and infantilism. Well. Ugh. I suppose by the traditional christian standpoint it shouldn't be tolerated, like homosexuality, adultery, etc, etc. I believe most hardcore pentecostal (?) christians will tell you to pray for God to "heal" you.

Although, that is probably only if infantilism is sexual for you, otherwise, you aren't sexually amoral and it should be considered in the same way as any other pastime.

I personally don't know what God thinks. Don't really care either.

Butterfly Mage

Despite being a Wiccan, I actually have read the Bible. There's nothing in it that implies that pretending to be younger than you are within the contextof roleplaying is a sin. Likewise, a diaper is just an article of clothing. The "sin" part would be if someone steals diapers, lies to get them, etc. But just wearing diapers or just pretending to be a toddler is not a sin withing the parameters of the Christian ethos.

well i would have said what butterfly mage said but one part i want to add Christians as a group vary more than any other religion some are very open like the church i go to and then some are nothing but you are saved but only if blah blah blah. but the basically not they are not bad if you pay for them it isn't just for the sexual feeling (emotional is alright).some Christians are the worst people ever some are angels. what i would like to see is a pastors take on the subject.

On the personal level, you get to interpret what Christian morality actually means. I tend to base my understanding of Christian morality on the "liberal view" of the Bible that came out of the Enlightenment, wherein the Bible is just a good book of good stories written in a different context from our own. (FWIW, I would bet that most non-Christians could accept this view of the Bible as well.)

Unfortunately, we (in the US) live in a country where being Christian is generally a litmus test for getting into office and one of the two political parties draws heavily on near fundamentalists for its base support. The "moral majority", which I'll define in this case as the general consensus of loud religious interests, has a tendency to call anything other than heterosexual activity to be hopelessly immoral, because they selectively interpret the Bible strictly.

After all, if the circular logic of defining a book to be infallible because it effectively claims to be doesn't bother you, then you probably aren't bothered by history either; the arguments against homosexuality sound almost identical to the arguments against interracial marriage, and there are plenty of Biblical references upholding slavery as a perfectly acceptable activity.

(I might also add that basically all of western intellectual thought, art, and culture from the fall of the Roman Empire onwards bears the fingerprints of Christianity - in this sense, Christianity inevitably affects the lives of everyone in the Western world regardless of their own religious beliefs or lack thereof.)

So what role does Christian morality play into Infantilism? Well, I'd imagine that since most people here would probably reject a view of a benevolent God that basically decided to give them the middle finger and torture them for their entire life with horrifically sinful desires, our community can agree that Christian morality plays little to no role on a personal level.

On the public level, it plays a major role due to the general mass ignorance of the public. I'd like to believe that this role will decrease over time (my generation is much, much more liberal than the one currently in power), but for now, it's fair to say that "religious nut-jobs" would probably disapprove.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    Despite being a Wiccan, I actually have read the Bible. There's nothing in it that implies that pretending to be younger than you are within the contextof roleplaying is a sin. Likewise, a diaper is just an article of clothing. The "sin" part would be if someone steals diapers, lies to get them, etc. But just wearing diapers or just pretending to be a toddler is not a sin withing the parameters of the Christian ethos.
    Ugh...I loathe having to assume that this fairytale nonsense is fact.

However...though I agree with you on the points you made, you did leave out one of the seven deadly sins. Lust.

If you get even a minute tingling in your lower region when putting on a diaper, being around a person in a diaper, or looking at a diaper, you're a sinner...and unless you accept God's unending love for all mankind, you'll be cast into the fiery depths of hell.

Did that sound fire and brimstone enough for our purposes?

Ulkh.

Bittergrey has little to no expertise in any of the areas in which he injects himself. He's not a scientist, he's not a statistician, he is only an enthusiastic amateur - a fact that he avoids making clear.

That he would even take such a question seriously, then juggle it for a few paragraphs and deliver a "conclusion," simply disqualifies him forever as a serious reference. What a joke.

My own opinion is that religulon is a man-made invention. It is anti-human, anti-nature, anti-life. The less we "believe," the free-er we are.

Quote Originally Posted by diaper degraw View Post
    what i would like to see is a pastors take on the subject.
    I may be able to help you there. I have not been ordained yet but will be should I live
    long enough to either be called to a church or graduate divinity school. Right now
    I seem to be in Gods patience building program.

From a strictly biblical view of the subject there are no prohibitions on wearing
    diapers or role playing.

People,however, will vary in opinion and consider it damning to harmless.
    Some will quote verses like

1 Corinthians 13:11
    When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a
    child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put
    childish ways behind me

to refute infantile behaviors as ungodly, however they are isolating text and taking out
    of its subject which is the afterlife being as incomprehensible to us now
    as adult issues are to a child as verses 9 and 10 say

For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
    but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

As far as I am concerned the entire issue comes down to importance. If I were to wake
    up one day and discover that I would be hesitant to give up diapers should God require
    me to do so, then on that day I would quit.
    Last edited by Khaymen; 29-Aug-2009 at 03:26.

Quote Originally Posted by balancedchaos View Post
    However...though I agree with you on the points you made, you did leave out one of the seven deadly sins. Lust.

If you get even a minute tingling in your lower region when putting on a diaper, being around a person in a diaper, or looking at a diaper, you're a sinner...and unless you accept God's unending love for all mankind, you'll be cast into the fiery depths of hell.
    First off, let me say that there are plenty of things that are sins that make people sinners according to Christian belief. I would imagine that the "most holy" person you can think of doesn't go a day, maybe not even a few hours, without committing a sin according to Christian doctrine. So even if what you say about diapers is true, in some ways it's almost moot to me considering that sin abounds.

However, I think it's debatable if being turned on by diapers is considered "lust". It depends on what your definition of lust is.

Now, if one argues that lust doesn't have to be sexual, then I'm sure all liking of diapers, sexual or not, would fall under that category. However, pretty much ANYTHING pleasurable would fall under that category too...which goes back to my earlier point of everyone sinning.

If one says that lust must be sexual, I have a hard time believing that any references in Scripture were directly referring to sexual fetishes. Even when Jesus said that those who lust in their heart commit adultery, He mentioned it in reference to having lust for a woman.

So it depends on how you interpret the message of sexual lust. I've always believed that a large part of the reason for it is because lusting after other people leads to things like unwanted pregnancies and STD's...things that aren't really an issue with getting sexual pleasure from diapers.

If one wants to make the argument that "lusting" after diapers is bad because one is giving into the flesh and appeasing one's sexual desires...to me it's no worse than someone watching a sports game on TV for pleasure or going out to see a movie...things that everyone does routinely. Whether or not the pleasure is sexual is irrelevant.