Thread: Bye, for a while

Default Bye, for a while

I suppose I should post the obligatory goodbye thread now, since I don't know if I'll get a chance to do it later.

I enlisted in the Army, and ship out to Ft. Benning Sept 1st. Then, 14 weeks of hell. Much yay.

I haven't been around much lately, simply because there's so much crap to do to get ready to be cut off from the world for 4 months. Mail, bills, everything, gah! I wish I could have been more active the past few weeks.

So, I'm going to be gone pretty much to Christmas. I'll try to get back on sometime during the new year if I can't get teh interwebs sooner. I don't ship out until the first, so I'll see if I can't get back on sometime to answer any questions, or add something that I forgot.

Its been really fun here. I had a very good time. I hope I can be back. Look me up if you ever find yourself in Iraq.

Sparkmaster

We're going to miss you, Sparkmaster -- best of luck to you, and thank you for your interest in defending our country!

Don't let those bastards at Boot give you hell!

*sigh* I hate to see young people going into the military. Of the four people I've known who did, one committed suicide, one changed into an asshole who chased away all his friends, one became an alcoholic (maybe he would've anyway)...only the girl who went into the air force is normal at this point. Feh.

I hope your constitution holds up. Don't lose track of yourself in the midst of all that brainwashing.

Good luck, and thanks for your upcoming service to this country. Don't let 'em ride you too hard.

Mesmerale

Good luck. *hugs*

Whether I do or don't agree with whatever you're fighting for (and I've no opinion whatsoever on the subject, just to be clear. ), I thank you. *nuzzles*

Come back safe. Tell Babyemo that was say hi. (No idea if he's actually there are not, just referencing the fact that Babyemo went into one service or another [No disrespect meant] awhile ago).

Quote Originally Posted by balancedchaos View Post
    *sigh* I hate to see young people going into the military. Of the four people I've known who did, one committed suicide, one changed into an asshole who chased away all his friends, one became an alcoholic (maybe he would've anyway)...only the girl who went into the air force is normal at this point. Feh.

I hope your constitution holds up. Don't lose track of yourself in the midst of all that brainwashing.
    So what is it about joining the armed forces that destroys people? I thought it was supposed to help them become better in various ways.

Either way good luck and be safe Sparkmaster.

Good luck Sparkmaster. I spent a career in the military and respect your decision to join up very much. I guess you know that Basic Training will be a little rough but remember there will be a reason for everything that happens to you there and what the Drill Sergeants do. So take care and we hope to hear from you in a few months after your Basic Training and AIT is done.

Take care of yourself and those you serve with. Basic will be beyond belief from what my oldest son told me. Come back from every deployment whole, sane and intact. God protect you.