Thread: The new abena size

Default The new abena size

Hey all,

I noticed there was a new size to abenas between the super and x-plus -- has anyone tried it? and how much thinner/less absorbant are they than the x-plus? I'd love to have a nice absorbant diaper that isn't so bulky so I could actually wear them outside the house, rather than have to resort to something like depends, which work well for me but don't last as long as i'd like.

No I don't go for thin diapers, in fact I add bulk to my diapers, makeing them bigger, I just ordered a case of the x-plus to try them out.

Hah, i like your style Ballucanb. When you order to try a diaper out, you order a case instead of a sample pack. Can't overlook anything that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    No I don't go for thin diapers, in fact I add bulk to my diapers, makeing them bigger, I just ordered a case of the x-plus to try them out.
    You won't be dissapointed.

i use those all the time, there about 20 OZ ish less absorbent then the x-plus. a bit quieter, thinner yes but still hold a lot more then depends easy

Isn't there already a size between the Super and X-Plus which is called the Extra?
    And I just checked XP Medical's Abri-form Original page and I haven't noticed anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by betagame View Post
    Isn't there already a size between the Super and X-Plus which is called the Extra?
    And I just checked XP Medical's Abri-form Original page and I haven't noticed anything new.
    Yes, that's the one I was talking about. Are they not new? I've never seen them until recently.

Extras are not new XP medical just started offering them in the past 4 months

Overall I think the Abena Supers are close to perfect as a daytime diaper. They're plenty absorbent and have all the elastic, but they're not too bulky like the X-Plus. The less bulky design seems to help spread the wetness out better for some reason while also being more comfortable. The Supers are pretty cheap compared to the X-Plus yet can still last for hours unless you piss like a racehorse every half hour.

I started getting Supers because with the X-Plus you're stuck in the diaper all day if you don't want to waste it. They get uncomfortable, heavy, smelly, etc. Supers last long enough to fufill my DL needs, and if I want to wear longer I just change into a new one. 2 Supers are close to the same price as one X-Plus.

I haven't tried the extras yet.

Are you referring to to the Delta forms they are now carrying?