Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Secret Lives of Women question

Default Secret Lives of Women question

Hi again,

I didn't want to resurrect the topic regarding the SLOW show with the adult baby in it but after reading through it I kinda didn't get the story. Yeah she had a crib but it didn't seem beyond that horribly over the top. Her boyfriend didn't want to be on TV but they said he was a DL or at least found that attractive not sure if DL was the correct term there. Being relatively new to sharing all this I question: do we as a community think that what was shown there is a fair assessment of what AB/DL is? To me it seems that it was a fair assessment, a bit of a special situation that she had a caretaker and far more "props" which made it seem to the general public that it was over the top. That's what tv shows look for though, they don't want a small story they want "secret lives of women" not "somewhat secret, not really that WOWing stories about personal lives of women." Any thoughts appreciated.

edit: I can see it being classified also as bdsm too. I apparently missed a good portion of it and just now finished with it again. It really appeared positive to me, the most over the top is how the whole family is "involved" in it. That's the closest I'd say to being over the top but I can see it making sense. It was an interesting show, not just her story but all of em.

I think it was sort of fair, all expect maybe making them look like they all want jobs in daycare centers. It's sad that she was fired from her daycare center but really who didn't see that coming. Sometimes when people see/hear about this they automatically think "PEDOPHILE!!!!!!" when they hear diapers, baby sexual interest all at once.

But parents don't want her changing their kids diapers so that's the breaks. Personally I don't think her and her boyfriend should of ever done it mainly for their sake.

I thought it was a pretty fair representation, but my mom assumed that he was a pedophile. And the fact that his face was blurred out only confirmed her suspicions. So what WE think is fair still doesn't show people "the truth." If that makes sense.

It's sad that she was fired from her daycare center but really who didn't see that coming. Sometimes when people see/hear about this they automatically think "PEDOPHILE!!!!!!" when they hear diapers, baby sexual interest all at once.
    Yeah, I gotta credit her for having the fortitude and bravery to do that.

And the fact that his face was blurred
    Yeah, if anything maybe he is. Not that we know, they had only been dating a few months according to what she said and had met via BDSM site so there's probably a list of reasons we could come up with...that being one of many.

So what WE think is fair still doesn't show people "the truth." If that makes sense.
    This statement has me confused, what prevents this from "the truth?" It sounds like a mix of assumptions by the viewer (the youtube comments were nasty, idiots on there as usual making dumb remarks) and partly what I mentioned before...it needs to be a bit over the top for a reality show.

I meant that even if ABDL is represented in a positive light, people are always going to think it's pedophilic or gross or what have you. Sorry, I realize I was unclear.

Yeah, that's how it is with a lot of things though. The general public is unwavering it in it's ability to think they know what something is when they in fact have no clue. I can see people having hunches about him being a pedo though, more I think about it I can see it but I have no evidence of course.

What I don't understand is...why even blur out the husbands face? People who know him and watch that would be like...hey isn't that your wife...and...Dude that's you!

Seriously...what's the point?

I didn't know she got fired from her daycare center job after that...but yeah she should have seen that coming...people just don't understand the interest, which is why this sort of thing should be kept private!

-Gus

Having met them in person, all I'll say is that they're both good people...my guess for her appearance on the show was just out of the feelings of needed to be accepted for who you are that a lot of ABDLs seem to display, a tendency I recommend against giving into in case it happens to backfire on you. Unfortunately, it did for her, though life goes on.

annierighthurr

Quote Originally Posted by Angusmac View Post
    What I don't understand is...why even blur out the husbands face? People who know him and watch that would be like...hey isn't that your wife...and...Dude that's you!

Seriously...what's the point?

I didn't know she got fired from her daycare center job after that...but yeah she should have seen that coming...people just don't understand the interest, which is why this sort of thing should be kept private!

-Gus
    I remember reading on her blog or elsewhere that the reason he chose to blur his face is because he is a big figure in a company, and can't afford to lose his job because it's a wee bit more important then at a day care center. Obviously people who know them will recognize it's him, but not everybody he works with, ya know? Not the people who matter.

I saw this and had wondered why he blurred his face. I had a suspicion he probably had a job or something that made him uncomfortable with being on TV. Now I would probably blur my face if I were on a show like that too. lol.

I thought the whole thing was done tastefully compared to the other ways AB has been portrayed on TV such as Springer, the CSI episode, et al.

WildThing121675