Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So, booze.

Default So, booze.

Alright, so what does everyone like to drink, alcohol-wise.

Personally, I like a good, nutty stout (but not Guinness, dunno why), and single-malt scotch (Glenlivet is my favorite). As for cocktails, a dry & dirty gin martini, a real daiquiri (nothing frozen, please), mojito and Long Island Ice Tea are my poisons of choice.

Because of my ulcer, I can't drink much, but I do like a good beer every now and then. My favorites are Bass Ale and Molsons Export.

As for drinks, I like a good Bloody Mary or a very dry Martini, stirred, not shaken.

I haven't drank in a while now because of an incident involving copious amounts of scotch that is still rather raw in my mind, but as far as beers go I do greatly appreciate an India Pale Ale, or a Doppelbock.

I am also rather partial to Mead, but good mead is just about impossible to get in the states.

I've got simple tastes. A cold Michelob, a shot of Jagermeister, and I'm set to relax!

I had a bit of Berenjaeger this weekend, though (really just coincidence that it sounds like my other favorite liquor), and it was awesome -- a sweet, honey liquor that burned so good.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Because of my ulcer, I can't drink much, but I do like a good beer every now and then. My favorites are Bass Ale and Molsons Export.

As for drinks, I like a good Bloody Mary or a very dry Martini, stirred, not shaken.
    Bass is good stuff, and when I'm lucky, I also get to enjoy a nice Molson.

For regular boozing, I tend to stick with cheap beer. Wine, though I enjoy it, has a lesser ratio of fun to punishment. Nearly the same for whiskey and rum. Wine makes my body feel weird, but the hard stuff eats my soul. Worth avoiding.

Heavy, dark beers (abbey style ales... doppelbocks)... mojito, chartreuse, crown and coke... ruby ports... and absinthe being my favorite.

I grew up on wine, but I don't think that's the best thing to bring to parties. So I drink beer. I've grown to like the taste. A good Corona, but some molson will suffice. Moosehead if I'm feeling particularly patriotic. And cheap rip-offs if I can't afford any of those.

I also have a special place in my liver for rum. Spiced - morgan's. Fruity - (what else?) malibu.

beer, mostly. we've got good microbrews in the northwest. black butte porter, mirrorpond pale ale, fishtale amber, alaskan amber, fat tire amber, blind pig dunkelweissen, 1554 black ale, pyramid ipa. i like bass and smithwick's and newcastle brown ale. fond of harp lagar. i'll drink a corona or a negro modelo at a mexican restaurant. there's a czech beer you can occasionally get over here called lev black lion that i love. my favorite beer is what i brew myself, though!

if i'm drinking wine i like dry red wines like montepulciano or pinot noir. occasionally i'll get a taste for a sweeter white wine or a champagne. i did most of my coctail drinking in college, and nowadays if i order a coctail it'll almost always be a gimlet (gin, sugar, and lime juice).

i hardly ever drink whiskey, but i sort of like the idea of sipping a fine snifter of sophisticated whiskey. if i drink whiskey i'm usually swigging it out of the bottle and then passing it around the circle at an all-night jam session.

anything Sam Adam's, although i haven't tried much so far. (just turned 21)

I like beer! It makes me a jolly good fellow, I like beer, it helps me unwind and sometimes it makes me feel mellow!

I like some of the smaller local brew's, up here we have two breweries within an hour from me, Lake Placid Brewery and Magic Hat. I'd say one of my favorites is the Single Chair Ale from Magic Hat. Also, I do like bourbon, which is actually at least in my opinion quite different from Scotch, though many people confuse the two.