Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You let me down, KISS!

Default You let me down, KISS!

Let me explain myself. For KISS' upcoming north american fall tour they had a contest where people could vote for their city to be on the tour. The cities with the most votes would be on the tour. Gene Simmons promised the band would go to the top cities, even if they were as small as "a cornfield in Iowa".

My town of 70 000 voted. When voting wrapped up a few weeks ago, we were in third and guaranteed a stop by KISS. That means we beat out huge cities like Toronto and Montreal. That also means that near half of the population of this town voted for the band to come here.

They just released their fall schedule, and we are not on the list.

I'm not a big fan of KISS. In fact, I won't even be here if they had decided to show up in the fall (college). But jeeze, what a slap in the face for my hometown. We were promised that at least the top three cities would be included, but almost NONE of the top 10 cities are in the tour schedule.

It's interesting to note that the number one city to vote, Oshawa, a city of 150 000, was also not on the schedule.

Oh well, we people from northern ontario are tought, and we're used to getting shafted.

Anyone else been shafted by a rock band of international fame? That's only a half serious question.

I have to ask, are they playing anywhere near your town or whatever town voted? If not, then they lied, but if they are, it could be that they couldn't actually find a decent place to play there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    I have to ask, are they playing anywhere near your town or whatever town voted? If not, then they lied, but if they are, it could be that they couldn't actually find a decent place to play there.
    We have an entertainment centre that seats 5000. People like Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Hillary Duff have vistied. Great Big Sea, Blue Man Group, are scheduled for upcoming shows. There is a small city on the american side of the border that is the twin city to my town. It has half the population. KISS did an outside concert there a few years ago.

Chillhouse life is chocked full of these little diapointments, better get used to it.

Life is just one disapointment after another, with small snipets of good times tossed in to keep you unbalanced. LOL

Saw a news report on CBC, and KISS management said they have something planned for Oshawa, but as for the rest of the cities...

Mako

Yeah, my city got fucked over too, I believe we ended 13th. They essentially ignored the voting list and made up their own concert schedule in complete disregard to the results. 7 tour dates in canada, despite canada dominating the list and they picked the same damn cities most bands pick. London, Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Vancouver.
    I mean, I'm not the biggest fan either but their concerts are legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    Yeah, my city got fucked over too, I believe we ended 13th. They essentially ignored the voting list and made up their own concert schedule in complete disregard to the results. 7 tour dates in canada, despite canada dominating the list and they picked the same damn cities most bands pick. London, Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Vancouver.
    I mean, I'm not the biggest fan either but their concerts are legendary.
    I know, right? It's like they colectively bitch slapped all of Canada. Winnipeg, though, I can understand. They finished second. Still, KISS'd probably go there no matter the poll results.

Fuck you, KISS. You've got a huge amount of followers in one tiny rural town, and you ignored us. We were going to name a day after you, mr Simmons. A DAY!

I think the problem might be the small venue. Kiss is more of an Arena type band that usually has high production show with high costs. 5,000 seats may not guarantee a profit. Kis just won't do it if they can't make money... Not sure if this is the true reason, just my thought.