Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Inglourious Basterds: Verdict

Default Inglourious Basterds: Verdict

So... there was some talk about it before it came out. And now it's out.

And even though I knew I'd enjoy it being a Tarantino film (hasn't failed to satisfy yet )... BLOODY GOOD FILM!

Can't really pick any faults with it. The man does what he does best when it comes to a good story and fantastic cinematography - if he wants to get his point across, he doesn't bugger about. He puts it in your face, and you'll bloody well like it! And, IMO, Brad Pitt has redeemed himself as a fairly good actor.

Anyone else think they may have experienced the true meaning of sheer awesomeness by seeing this film?

In the all-important comparison on the Quentin Tarantino scale, I'd say it is on par with Pulp Fiction... despite being completely different.

D.

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    In the all-important comparison on the Quentin Tarantino scale, I'd say it is on par with Pulp Fiction... despite being completely different.
    D.
    Woah! That's a strong statement. I have to go see this film now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    I can't wait.

He's my favorite film director and writer, and Pulp Fiction remains pretty much my favorite movie of all time. I absolutely can't wait to see this film!

As for Brad Pitt "redeeming" himself, I don't think there's anything to redeem. Brad Pitt is one of the industry's most amazing actors, and the man can pull a character ouf his hat and ride it all the way through to the end. Seven comes to mind when I think this, along with Snatch and Legends of the Fall.

I am seeing it on Thursday since I get 5 extra points on my movie club card from regal. But so far the reviews of it are great but sadly some of them have spoiled the movie big time.. then again it wouldn't be a surprise.

Like I said a few times before to various people. I am just glad someone had the balls to finally make a movie like this even if its good or bad. No subject is/should be off limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawes View Post
    I can't wait.

He's my favorite film director and writer, and Pulp Fiction remains pretty much my favorite movie of all time. I absolutely can't wait to see this film!
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawes View Post
    As for Brad Pitt "redeeming" himself, I don't think there's anything to redeem. Brad Pitt is one of the industry's most amazing actors, and the man can pull a character ouf his hat and ride it all the way through to the end. Seven comes to mind when I think this, along with Snatch and Legends of the Fall.
    After his "success" with Mr & Mrs Smith I really wasn't sure. He wasn't anything spectacular in the Oceans films either.

But as far as characterisation goes... his performance is legendary in Inglourious Basterds.

Asher

I can't wait to see it; will probably go see it Friday or Saturday with some people

This is one of those movies that I have to go see. I can't wait. Bringing Tarantino and Pitt together is a very neat thing!

A less than great review for it here:
    BBC - Kermode Uncut Blog: 5 Live Review: Inglourious Basterds
    (UK only)

And his review on Tarantino generally:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zItF0ZpWGZ0
    (Everyone)

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm hoping it's good.

What does everyone think about Mike Myers role in the film? I didn't even know it was him in the trailers I seen.

Only available to the UK= GAY.