Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats her problem

Default whats her problem

My mother has decided to do everything in her power to stop me from going to collage. Plus she wants me to stay home.

She says I don't have the mental compassity to complete collage. But she's letting my brother go to what ever collage he wants.
    But she wants me to have a good job.

So I told collage would set me up for a good paying job. She decided I was lieing and then she locked herself in her room like a child would do.

What is wrong with her? Or this god's sense of humor.

I'm going to move like I stated before I'm getting out before I do something i'll regret.

Perhaps a prerequisite for being allowed to go to college is being able to spell... 'college'.

Anyway, sit down and talk with her and find out exactly what her issue is.
    But at the end of the day, it's your choice.
    Last edited by Charlie; 22-Aug-2009 at 23:08. Reason: missing word symdrome

Quote Originally Posted by Valerye View Post
    Tell her you are 19 and make your own choices!
    I've tried that.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie F View Post
    Perhaps a prerequisite for being allowed to go to college is being to spell... 'college'.

Anyway, sit down and talk with her and find out exactly what her issue is.
    But at the end of the day, it's your choice.
    lol sorry. But she wont tell me.

Why not take a break from school anyways? Just a quarter to make her happy and give yourself a bit of R&R.

Just go off to college anyway she can't stop you. Don't let her wants and actions influence you. It is your life and your future so you should be the only one with a say in what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by handfulofoats View Post
    Why not take a break from school anyways? Just a quarter to make her happy and give yourself a bit of R&R.
    I am going to wait a year.

Quote Originally Posted by genbaby View Post
    Just go off to college anyway she can't stop you. Don't let her wants and actions influence you. It is your life and your future so you should be the only one with a say in what you do.
    true.

Quote Originally Posted by genbaby View Post
    I agree with genbaby.

Well, taking a break might be okay, but I think it's not the greatest idea. While it may sound nice to take a year off, I think you'll find it harder to go back. I have a few friends who have done this, taking a year off either before or during college, and some of them still have not graduated years later.

So, just keep that in mind . It's certainly doable, just don't become complacent.

If you really want to go to school get your education started anyway you can, online courses or community college.

Either you mother is afraid she is going to be alone, or she may just be going thru the change, they do get a little weird at that point in there lives.

She is shortchanging your future for her convenience...