Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Programming/Hacking

Question Programming/Hacking

So I've always been interested in learning programming and hacking, but I don't know where to start. :S I tried learning Python once and I failed... epicly. Anyone know how I could get started?

Start with getting books from the library. Theres more then you would expect on the topics. Then if you wanna start getting into pratical training. Try starting out with simple flash stuff, then maybe go to java, or if you really want some good stuff but a brain buster you could try C++

Error404

First off, if you didn't try to learn Python from here or here, do this first.

The former being a guide for it if you've never coded in your life, the latter is more technical. If you fail at it, don't give up on it. Just because you fail now doesn't mean that you're not learning anything. Of course you're going to fail when you're new to something, especially when you've had little to no prior experience.

And don't start talking about "hacking," or even wanting to learn how to (depending on your definition of the word) when you don't even know Python. It just looks bad on your part.

Start with getting books from the library. Theres more then you would expect on the topics. Then if you wanna start getting into pratical training. Try starting out with simple flash stuff, then maybe go to java, or if you really want some good stuff but a brain buster you could try C++
    He'd be better off learning Python over Java or C++ in terms of difficulty. It's easier and a bit more "casual" to work and learn with.

I know. but i jsut rambled examples off the top of my head. he said he already tried python. so who knows he might be more suited twords somethign else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokuei View Post
    I know. but i jsut rambled examples off the top of my head. he said he already tried python. so who knows he might be more suited twords somethign else.

He said he "tried," and failed. It seems to me that he tried and found it difficult or had errors and gave up. It's not the language, it's the user.

I never said it was pythons fault, it is the users. But some people pick up on certain things better then others. Java im great with, but i couldnt do C++ to save my life. Java just came easy to me. So maybe Dey might be able to learn anohter language easier

Quote Originally Posted by Kokuei View Post
    I never said it was pythons fault, it is the users. But some people pick up on certain things better then others. Java im great with, but i couldnt do C++ to save my life. Java just came easy to me. So maybe Dey might be able to learn anohter language easier

While I agree, my first language was Java with a teacher who had the "sink or swim" attitude, I think he needs to give Python one more try. You can learn any language with the proper time and resources, of course that's just my personal belief.

I agree with that Mink. You jsut do need to put the time and effort into it and you can succede. ^_^

well I was following an online guide and I kept putting things in exactly how I was supposed to and it just didn't work. I have no problem putting time into learning it, I just didn't want to be wasting my time on a poor guide. thanks for all the help.