Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow... not my day today.

Darkfinn

well... law of averages...

you slept with a diapered chick last night... that has to be balanced out by something bad...

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    well... law of averages...

you slept with a diapered chick last night... that has to be balanced out by something bad...
    So if I were to win the lottery tomorrow, I'm likely to be killed by an asteroid impact on Wednesday?!

Peachy

Good job, 2 BSoDs at the same time (well a BSoD and something similar)

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Good job, 2 BSoDs at the same time (well a BSoD and something similar)
    Bah, I got 4 simultaneous BSODs. I patchied all the computers without testing it on one of them first. Reboot. Oh Man....

Or the day before a lan party you decide to clean of some unsuspecting vital NTLDR and associtaed files from one drive thinking they were duplicates. I thought they'd be on the Partition with windows, not the primary partition/the first partition of the hard drive. And to fix the problem you need windows to edit the NTFS partiton, Not after you get some obscure Raid controller drivers onto floppy. Which you had 6 versions for and had to test one after another. Only after 4 hours of faffing about you found out that the 6th set were the corect ones...

This weekend? Got a new laptop from Ebay! Needs an OS. But the laptop has no floppy or DVD drive. Easy you say? Not with the BSODs and Kernel panics I got. Then once I thought I got a working system. The hard drive I was using thought it would die at a convient moment. Oh, thanks Mr. HardDrive.

Also, My main desktop takes 10 mins extra to boot up. It hangs after the OS selection. This occured after I installed a new harddrive. It was what I expected. the new hardrive is named 0 and all the others have gone up 1. I have tried editing the boot.ini file to reflect this. But gives boot errors. I can't be arsed to go through with running BartPE with Dodgey Raid drivers again.

If it works leave it alone. I still haven't really be following that rule. Thats like 50% of my problems the other 48% is because I think it could work better.

*Sigh* You enjoy it really? You've got to be honest!

do what I do when this happens...

"HOLY***OMFG DAD HAAAAAAALLLLPPPPP!!!!!!" hug a plushie, and go into fetal position. Then wait to be found in a hopefully clean diaper.

Glad to help!

Gwizzy~

Darkfinn

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    So if I were to win the lottery tomorrow, I'm likely to be killed by an asteroid impact on Wednesday?!

Peachy
    Asteroids are kind-of rare... but hit by a car... robbed... anything generally bad like that... probably so.

lol, you got pwned by TWO computers in ONE day, oh man, that's a classic, lol, sucks to be you that day!

Not to mention, at the same time! Within 2 minutes between the two, actually. The mac died out first >_>'.