Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for you all

Default Question for you all

Hi everyone, the n00b is back xD I'm trying to build my own method of getting diapers, so for you guys that don't drive and stuff, how do you do it? If you don't mind me asking...

Well I usually buy them online. If you live with your parents you can get them to hold the package at a local ups store. You would have to have some way of getting store though. If you don't have any way of getting to the store you could always get them delivered and use a bogus name. When ever I get packages they tend to come in the middle of the day but this will depend on where your house is in the delivery route so you never know.

If you live less than five miles to the nearest store you might as well just save yourself the hassle and bike it. That way you can be sure you parents won't be home when a package arrives.

Ha thanks. I live near a store, I'm just afraid one of my parents will call the house and I won't be there to answer. Also lacking a house key until I find my necklace thing that has my flash drives on it. My key's on there for after school if I need it. Thanks for posting, I appreciate it

Rocket_Man55

I live neer a store also. I am planning on getting some diapers and having the package held at the UPS store so my parents dont find out. All i gots to do now is find a place to hide em all.. HMMM... :P

Umm one tip, I used to get mine by riding to the store with a backpack, on my bike. I would go early in the morning, or when I knew my parents were at work. When I got home my pack just looked like I had normal stuff in there, and I would then go to my room and deposit my diapers. Good luck! Oh and be careful with the online thing, you never know when you folks will look in one of the boxes, or the hey why are you getting all of these boxes? Whats in them, you don't seem to have any new stuff...

You could also go with a friend or relative shopping, and while they go into another store you can go in and buy diapers and again with the pack, ask for a paper bag at the checkout, and once you exit the store put the diapers ion the paper bag in your pack, and tahda!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket_Man55 View Post
    I live neer a store also. I am planning on getting some diapers and having the package held at the UPS store so my parents dont find out. All i gots to do now is find a place to hide em all.. HMMM... :P
    Depending on your age, (ie. if you have an ID and look close enough to 16-18) and if your parents are not going to be home when the postman delivers the mail, you can order diapers and have them require a signature upon arrival, then the post office will simply leave a small note with the mail, and you have to go to the post office to show ID and sign, and then you can get your package without it going to your home. And one last tip with the online thing, if you don't have a check, debit/credit card or some other adult type banking account, (because most companies won't accept cash, and plus you don't want to send cash in the mail) you can always go to your local grochery store or post office and get a money order (like a check that can be used all over the US & Internationally) to pay for your order. I used to do that before I had a debit card, these days you might also be able to buy one of those prepaid debit cards at the store. And of course you can always request an ebay, or other store gift card for your b-day/christmas etc. and use that to buy diapers!

I don't have to worry about the rents any more but I do have roommates. I have a PMB at the UPS store arond the corner from my house so I have them sent there.

Quote Originally Posted by lonelyguy View Post
    Umm one tip, I used to get mine by riding to the store with a backpack, on my bike. I would go early in the morning, or when I knew my parents were at work. When I got home my pack just looked like I had normal stuff in there, and I would then go to my room and deposit my diapers. Good luck! Oh and be careful with the online thing, you never know when you folks will look in one of the boxes, or the hey why are you getting all of these boxes? Whats in them, you don't seem to have any new stuff...
    Do it during a gift giving time, tell them you are expecting a package and you don't want them to spoil the surprise. Just make sure you get them something good for the holidays too.

With great difficulty. I live far away from shops selling diapers (village, bleh). My usual trick is this:

1. Organise a trip into the nearby city with my friends.
    2. Go on said trip.
    3. Buy something that has a large bag
    4. Wait until they all go home.
    5. Organise a lift home for a bit later.
    6. Buy diapers.
    7. Put in large bag.
    8. Put stuff on top.

Like I said, with great difficulty, but it works and I can't order online because my parents are nosy, and there's always at least one home, so it's my only option.

There were several methods I used...

1) When I was <12 I would take one or two from baby cousins and stuff like that. Also, I'd use the diapers my mom bought for my dolls, or "makeshift" my diapers from towels and large underwear (so it stayed put.)

2) Between 12 and 14 I would order free samples online. One time, I had about 100 samples come to my door all at once, because I kept ordering them. My mom got them, but I was smart. I put them to names like "I.P. Nightly" and "Rus Tysprings" stupid stuff like that. My mom thought it was someone playing a practical joke, and when she threw them out, I snuck them back before the garbage men picked them up. However, aside from that one time I was never caught with them. But since I was, I had my back covered.

3) 15+ I went and bought them from the store. I have a drug store that was a bike ride away that was open 24/7. So I'd sneak out at 3am, bike, get them, and get them home before anyone noticed. I am also lucky enough to have friends who have been willing to send me diapers and samples. I recently received a cloth diaper and plastic pants from friends of mine that is perfect for the times I run out. When getting things in the mail, I've always told my mom ahead of time, and told her that my friend Tammy ordered something off of ebay, so it's really not my package so please don't open it. I know she wouldn't open it, but saying it's someone elses is just an extra precaution.