Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Day Diapers

Default Day Diapers

Does anyone have any reccommendations on a good pullups like disposible day diaper that doesn't make much noise. Anything like a goodnite but holds better, and comes in a bigger size, (I am 5ft 11in and weigh 160 lbs) Goodnites just don't fit anymore and i'm too chicken to wear a plastic type diaper, and plus want the convinience of a pullup. And I have tried the depends and quite a few other brands of "adult" pullups and they suck. Any suggestions?

why does it need to be a pull up? if anything, those are less convienient. you have to take your pants off to put them on, which means your shoes, and socks on bathroom floor = Yukky. i would just buy tab style diapers. your best bet would be ordering online. my FAV diapy is ATN's, and they have a pullup now too pull up

the plastic ATN's crinkle ALOT, i luv them, but if your wearing in public, may not be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by lonelyguy View Post
    Does anyone have any reccommendations on a good pullups like disposible day diaper that doesn't make much noise. Anything like a goodnite but holds better, and comes in a bigger size, (I am 5ft 11in and weigh 160 lbs) Goodnites just don't fit anymore and i'm too chicken to wear a plastic type diaper, and plus want the convinience of a pullup. And I have tried the depends and quite a few other brands of "adult" pullups and they suck. Any suggestions?
    Lose some weight...

Or wear bonafide adult diapers

Elli

I bought some Depends Easy Fit pull-ups recently. I really don't think they are all that great, but they might be an option for the needs or wants you describe.

Depends Easy Fit are (cloth-feel) pull-ups. But they also have velco-type tabs. This means you can pull them in to fit you more snugly. Or you can rip the sides down a perforation and put them on like a nappy. Hence avoiding having to take off trousers, shoes etc.

Sounds brilliant, but a few things to watch out for. The perforations are not all that easy to see. I made the mistake of tearing them in the wrong place and ending up with the tapes on the front, facing the wrong way. Do'h!!

Secondly, they do not have leak guards. Bad for keeping leaks in.

Also, putting a pull-up on like a nappy isn't the easiest thing to do, because you have all that scrunched up elastic front to pull taught. But the good thing is, you can adjust it as many times as you need to because the velco type tapes allow that.

I haven't yet used my pack of these, so I can't say how absorbent they are or how well the tapes hold.

While I'm no the subject, Tena make pull-ups in 'Super' absorbency with leak guards. I've not tried those either.

If you insist on getting this kind of thing, you could try: Protective Underwear : Secure Personal Care

I tried a sample of the X-Plus and I wasn't impressed but it was more confirming that I have very low interest in pull-ups and doubly so when they have clothlike covers. I'm going to stick with their real diapers, which are very good. I think the problems you describe with them are pretty intrinsic to the design. A diaper needs to have an individual fit in order to minimize leaks and you're never going to get that with a pull-up type. The noise of a plastic covered diaper is not generally that much (some are certainly noisier than others). Alternatively, there are brands that are switching to the clothlike covers for their adult lines (much to my chagrin), so perhaps look into that to get better fit and assuage your fears about noise.

As others have said there are a lot of adult diapers with "cloth like" covering that are quite quiet. I prefer "real" diapers over pull-ups during the day so you don't have to take your pants all the way off to change.

For a tape on diaper, the Abena Air Plus is thin enough to be hidden but can still take quite a wetting and more. It has a cloth-like cover, so no noise. But the regular Abenas, in addition to be more secure than the Air Plus, which can sometimes (though not often) have microscopic holes in it, is cheaper and also very quite. A pair of underwear over the top silences it more of less completely.

umm hmm as you said they are more convient and i see how they are at times and as far as i have seen myself thier isn't much good pull-ups and trust me i egnored people about tabbed diapers and i just couldn't find anything better

https://idiaper.3dcartstores.com/Tra...1_p_22172.html

These are what I use for night time. They are amazing and hold alot yet are quiet.