View Poll Results: Which is your favourite Hayao Miyazaki Movie?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind

0 0%
  • Laputa: Castle in the Sky

2 4.55%
  • My Neighbor Totoro

7 15.91%
  • Kiki's Delivery Service

2 4.55%
  • Porco Rosso

1 2.27%
  • Princess Mononoke

8 18.18%
  • Spirited Away

11 25.00%
  • Howl's Moving Castle

7 15.91%
  • Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea

0 0%
  • Other (Post Specific)

0 0%
  • I have no idea who Hayao Miyazaki is.

6 13.64%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is your favourite Hayao Miyazaki Movie?

Default What is your favourite Hayao Miyazaki Movie?

Hayao Miyazaki is one of my all time favorite film makers. He's brought us Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Kiki's Delivery Service, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Princess Mononoke and my personal favorite, My Neighbor Totoro just to name a few.

If you have seen Ponyo, how do you think it stacks up to the rest of Hayao Miyazaki's movies? If not, what do you think based off of the trailers?

If you don't know who Hayao Miyazaki is please take the time and watch one of his movies, I guarantee it will warm your heart.

That's a tough call to make. Tonight I'll say Kiki's Delivery Service, but I haven't seen a movie of his that I haven't enjoyed. Ponyo kind of snuck up on me, but I'll certainly see it. I may well wait to see it on DVD with subtitles, though.

I've never heard of this person NOR of any of the movies! I must live under a rock!

Like Trevor said, all of his movies are good...so it's a tough choice. However, the two that I like the most are Princess Mononoke and Howl's Moving Castle. I think i just really liked the story and characters of those two a lot...they're two of my favorite movies in general, not just by Miyazaki.

I haven't seen Ponyo yet, but I'm not overly excited just because it looks so kiddie...that's not a bad thing, but it's not my favorite aspect of Studio Ghibli movies.

And mm3...you're not out of the loop...a lot of people haven't heard of him or the movies...I first heard of them about five years ago. Basically, they're animated Japanese movies with a bit of an anime style...but not really. I'm not into anime at all and I really love these movies. I would recommend renting/netflixing a few to see how you like them.

Quote Originally Posted by teddy564339 View Post
    Like Trevor said, all of his movies are good...so it's a tough choice. However, the two that I like the most are Princess Mononoke and Howl's Moving Castle. I think i just really liked the story and characters of those two a lot...they're two of my favorite movies in general, not just by Miyazaki.

I haven't seen Ponyo yet, but I'm not overly excited just because it looks so kiddie...that's not a bad thing, but it's not my favorite aspect of Studio Ghibli movies.

And mm3...you're not out of the loop...a lot of people haven't heard of him or the movies...I first heard of them about five years ago. Basically, they're animated Japanese movies with a bit of an anime style...but not really. I'm not into anime at all and I really love these movies. I would recommend renting/netflixing a few to see how you like them.

Very true, Howl's Moving Castle was the first Miyazaki movie I ever saw, I was fascinated by it. But it's so hard to choose.

MM3 ... you are lucky. You get to experience the magic of these movies for the first time. I don't think I am as passionate about anything as I am about these movies. Just like Teddy, these are some of my favorite movies of all time. These movies are like the Disney movies of Japan and have very similar animation styles. Like Teddy said again, they don't really feel like anime. The best parts are the flying or swimming scenes, that is what Hayao Miyazaki loves to centre his movies around. I hope you take the time to explore these movies

I love all of his movies & can only watch them them with Japanese audio with English subtitles!! So, may I say, all? Please!!

He indeed makes my favirote cartoons (or anime if they could be considered). I grew up watching al of them over and over. Much different than the average child my age, who would watch more classics such as The lion king and whatnot. His movies always gave me such a great feeling. how relaxing, realistic and active the art and backrounds were, the emotions that were displayed. It sometimes felt close to real, yet it always had that amazing fantasy feel to it.

As for my favirotes. it would definetley be totoro. as its my favirote movie altogether, secondly Kikis deliverey service, its story always touched me.

Very hard to choose here; so I put down Princess Mononoke because that was the first Miyazaki movie I saw.

Movies of his I like:

My Neighbor Totoro
    Kiki's Delivery Service
    Princess Mononoke
    Spirited Away

I don't know when i'll see his latest but i'll get around to it.

I haven't seen all of his movies, but of the ones that I saw, I'm sort of split between Spirited Away and My Neighbour Totoro. I love the "Alice in Wonderland" like atmosphere!