Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: well my dad knows i'm gay

Default well my dad knows i'm gay

well my mom told me she told my dad i was gay... He took it better than she did . lol my mom told me that when she told him all he said was "thats what you were freaking out about, who cares as long as he can function in life." lol well at least i don't have to worrie about it

My parents would be the exact opposite. My mom is the one who would want to know more and always ask if my new friends are my boyfriends, and my dad would just ignore it. But, congratulations, your parents didn't kick your ass out of the house! Also, it takes balls to come out of the closet, so grats on that too!

I'm glad your dad took it well. ^^ It's always nice when your folks take coming out of the closet well.

secretdl26

That's good! I guess that's all that matters is that your dad was accepting.

Good to know he took it well. I think we're all happy when someone comes out to someone and it goes down well, whether that be *B/DL or homosexuality.

Luckily for you, acceptance of gays is on the up so hopefully more people will still think you're a good person.

Congratulations, it must be nice to know that you're family is accepting of who you are.

I never said a word to them about me being gay, and I think they figured it out by themselves, out of 4 boys I was the only one that didn't date, or have girlfreinds over.

I think they just accepted me for what I was, without saying anything....

Congrats. Accepting parents make the rest of life easier. Of course they still want you to date a doctor or lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    I never said a word to them about me being gay, and I think they figured it out by themselves, out of 4 boys I was the only one that didn't date, or have girlfreinds over.

I think they just accepted me for what I was, without saying anything....
    I have never dated and I never had a girlfriend, yet I am straight. Odd how that works, no?

Congrats, dude! High-five!

What will suck is if Minnesota brings in gay marriage - until then, you won't have to worry about your parents nagging you to find a guy and get married