Thread: Expressions Studio 2

Default Expressions Studio 2

Okay, I got this program for free through my school, but I am wondering this...

The software is installing right now and has been for the last 2 hours. The status bar has stopped at "Determining MS Office(english) 2007 Proof" Is this bad that it has stopped here for so long? What should I do? DO I need MS office 07 to run this program?

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    Okay, I got this program for free through my school, but I am wondering this...

The software is installing right now and has been for the last 2 hours. The status bar has stopped at "Determining MS Office(english) 2007 Proof" Is this bad that it has stopped here for so long? What should I do? DO I need MS office 07 to run this program?
    Do you plan on using this or are you just installing it because it is free?

Iirc, expressions studio is a GUI designer for use with WPF. You then need someone to write a program to make that GUI do anything.

i plan on using it for its purpose. I am going to make some websites with it.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    i plan on using it for its purpose. I am going to make some websites with it.
    Right, I've no experience with Expression Web, but if it's like all other WYSIWYG editor, it'll generate horribly bloated code.

My advice: Go and learn HTML and CSS. It requires nothing more complicated than notepad (unless you want it).