Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you think wearing diapers can cause male infertility?

Default Do you think wearing diapers can cause male infertility?

My wife and I have been trying to concieve and I've been diagnosed as infertile. Since I've worn diapers off and on my entire life and 24/7 for almost 7 years, I asked my doctors if they thought that could be the reason. They sorta blew it off. However, it seems like a possibility to me. Some recent studies have apparently showed higher scrotal temperatures for infant boys who wear disposable diapers vs. those wearing cloth diapers. The authors have theorized that the prevalence of disposable diapers in the last 40 years could be why sperm counts have been dropping so much. Higher temperatures are not conducive for sperm production. So...what do you think?

I think it could lower the sperm count but not completely kill all of them or stop their production. Of course, I am just guessing there.

I'm agreeing with Fire2box. If you stopped wearing diapers, wouldn't your body just start producing new and healthy sperm? If you have as a permanent condition, a low sperm count, and you are wearing loose fitting clothing, there must be other causes.

Is it possible? Yes.

Is it probable? Not really.

I've read of such studies myself, and my best conclusion is that more studies are needed

There are plenty of much more well known well-known causes of infertility, and the global incidence rate among couples is supposedly 1/7: Infertility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your cause is simply much more likely to be something else.

Best of luck to you and your wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    So...what do you think?
    Wearing tight pants tends to increase the temperature down there and I'm pretty sure there has been a few studies about this. It seems reasonable to expect a diaper will act as a pretty effective layer of insulation.

Does wearing tight jeans make men infertile?

Countdown

I don't think so. While wearing a diaper will cause the testicles to heat up and consequently lower the sperm population, just as any significant difference in the testicles' normal temperature will, I don't think that wearing diapers continuously for a long period of time would cause infertility, except maybe in rare cases, like the person has a low sperm count to begin with.

Anyway, think about people with incontinence. Some of them wear diapers for their entire lives, and most wear diapers 24/7 for more than seven years. I don't know if a significant percentage of incontinent people are infertile...if that's so, then I haven't heard of it.

as others have said, it isnt likely lol...ive wondered this myself and having done research (what little there is available to study :P) i dont think its a probable reason to become infertile...there is a posability it has to do with ur issue, tho even at that id think its a minor part.

It looks like many of you are saying the same thing my doctors have said, which is, the diapers aren't likely to cause permanent decreases. In my case, my count is very low, the incidence of abnormal forms is very high and the damn little buggers are barely moving. Go figure. Maybe it was all that pot I've smoked over the years?

EmeraldsAndLime

Infertility? I would have thought that was strictly a biological thing (radiation and unnatural sterilisation aside).

How could diapers possibly cause it anyway? Even if it was an overly sexual thing for you, I don't think a stringent masturbation schedule would do much, if any, harm.

Lets face it, they're designed to be used around your privates. I doubt regulations would allow any product that turns your swimmers from a Michael-Phelps-army into a contingent of African nations who have never seen a pool before on the market, especially one that is meant to be used for purposes involving said bodily appendages.

Clarissa

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    My wife and I have been trying to concieve and I've been diagnosed as infertile. Since I've worn diapers off and on my entire life and 24/7 for almost 7 years, I asked my doctors if they thought that could be the reason. They sorta blew it off. However, it seems like a possibility to me. Some recent studies have apparently showed higher scrotal temperatures for infant boys who wear disposable diapers vs. those wearing cloth diapers. The authors have theorized that the prevalence of disposable diapers in the last 40 years could be why sperm counts have been dropping so much. Higher temperatures are not conducive for sperm production. So...what do you think?
    possibily. if you gentials are squashed so often.