Thread: First Munch for me!!! Highly recommend it..

Default First Munch for me!!! Highly recommend it..

Soo yeah I went to the DC munch in Bethesda,MD and I gotta say it was a whole lot better than I would have thought. Like a giant sigh of relief even if many of the attendees were my parents age or older, I was the youngest there aside from a couple 25 year olds. Plus its nice to hear other people's stories without someone popping out of nowhere to call BS on something since you see the persons body language and just know that its the truth. I could say a million things about the experience but for anyone of legal age I'd just say go and try it (little proviso by the hosts of munches that you should be at least 18).

However I'm curious how many people here have been to munches and if you still go. Otherwise if you don't attend anymore why not? If you do why?

Also for those who haven't been to one what are some reasons why you would and wouldn't go to one. Obviously being close to one is an issue, but aside from that what would be a catch that keeps you from wanting to try a munch.

Also coming from Midlothian,VA and driving all the way to Bethesda,MD was a dizzying amount of miles with no A/C or cruise or 3-4 piece glass in the rear truck window. There are rumors of a group wanting to start a Richmond,VA munch or perhaps Fredricksburg, no official word yet though.

EmeraldsAndLime

I fell into a swingers party by accident, once. Guess it didn't help I was up my neighbour's tree, hanging on a thin branch to look at th... ahhh, you people aren't interested.

On topic though, no, I've never been to a "Munch" and from the sound of things, I probably wouldn't enjoy it. If I wanted to be surrounded by old people, I'd offer a 70%-off deal on the diapers I have. "Used, but the pack says quality assured!"

Besides, population density here... too spread out. I suspect there were more people at your "munch" than there were DLs in this entire country that I've encountered.

Attended the Atlanta Munch once or twice.

Probably one of the only things i wish i could still do since leaving the city

And yea..sure, most of the people are over the age of 30(i believe it's the same at most of the munch's). But...their all together under the same interest.

I can remember when I attended, everyone was eating breakfast n stuff while drawing with crayons...Naturally i had my laptop(since then has died), and i cruised the net with a few of the guys talking about gaming. ^_^

i WISH there was a munch around where i am. But sadly..i don't believe there is

Anyhow yea... I'd also suggest...if you are of age(18+). Attend a munch. Atleast once. It's really worth going. If for nothing, to have a chance at making some new friends ^_^

I've never been, but I'd like to go to one eventually, maybe once I move back home. They have a "Littles/Ageplay" munch there 2 times a month, sounds pretty interesting.

I've never been to a Munch but would be interested in attending one. My main concern, however, is privacy. Everyone these days has a cell phone with a camera. I would be worried about someone taking a bunch of pictures (even innocently) and those getting out on the Internet. I'm not paranoid or anything, but pictures have a nasty habit of finding their way to someone who recognizes you.

That being said, I still think it would be cool to meet with a group in a public setting to discuss our common interests.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWorld08 View Post
    I've never been to a Munch but would be interested in attending one. My main concern, however, is privacy. Everyone these days has a cell phone with a camera. I would be worried about someone taking a bunch of pictures (even innocently) and those getting out on the Internet. I'm not paranoid or anything, but pictures have a nasty habit of finding their way to someone who recognizes you.

That being said, I still think it would be cool to meet with a group in a public setting to discuss our common interests.
    Considering Munch's are held in public places..such as a diner, or game center.

I doubt your biggest concern would be the photo's lol.

Munch's aren't really for those who are "that" afraid of being caught. However, from my experience. Most munch attendee's don't really take photo's. Those that do, ask politely if you wish to be in it or not. And will tell you where it will be posted(such as on the munch website perhaps).

But yea...considering their held in public places, doubt the photo's would be your largest concern :P

If you ever get the chance to go to a much go, you can always just get up and leave if you don't feel comfortable with the people.

Most people are just as nervous as you are for the first meeting,

A few of the people did huddle together for a picture but they were obviously regulars to the DC munch.

Cradyn is right, since it is in a public place hopefully you won't be too worried about exposure or anything, and if you are then you prolly won't end up going. Personally if I can't tell a friend of mine that I'm AB and have them be a little understanding then heck with them. So far all my friends are at least neutral and most are willing to discuss it in very general terms.

I've been to one munch before, but I went during the summer which is the low time in attendance for the group so it was just me and one other guy who was way older then me. We talked and it was fun I always wanted to go back a second time, but after i got my job I never had the time to show up. Now that I am quitting maybe I'll start going again.

Here is the link to group I hooked up with.
    Minnesota MADE

The group is still active but the web site hasn't been updated since 2006. If you want to join PM or email me.