Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: car shopping

Default car shopping

Okay, I think I am going with buick as my first car. My relatives have had them in the past and they worked great for many many years. I am looking at either a lesabre or a park ave. Year range, 1997-2004 what ever one i find that is affordable and that i like. What would the insurance look like for a 17 yr/old for a park ave? Is either one expensive to fix?

get one of the supercharged buicks son.

You'll like it.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    hey now...I am not a power man, I am a luxury kind of guy
    Yes but power and luxury. Imagine that!

Also check out the taurus SHO.

You'd like it. I have 2 of em.

One is turbo'd one is stock. Stock one has 298K on it and still going strong.

At 17 what you do is get put on to your parents insuranance, and save your money because after you get taken off the policy you will be paying at least 2 grand a year, depending on the type insurance you get.

If you just get liability you could get away for about a grand a year, but if you finnance the car you will need full coverage.

The best thing is get a car you can afford so it doesn't have to have collision insurance.

My great niece just got a neon ( I had no say that is what she wanted) she is on her moms policy she is paying 1500 a year.

And when you get old you will finaly get cheaper insurance I pay 1400 a year for full coverage on three new cars, maita, vette, and a tacoma.

My dad's 2009 Sliverado costs like 500 dollars on full coverage by itself. It will go down in 6 months but still that's a lot of money.. then again it is FULL coverage and it is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    At 17 what you do is get put on to your parents insuranance, and save your money because after you get taken off the policy you will be paying at least 2 grand a year, depending on the type insurance you get.
    thats what i just did. i let my mom put my car in her name, so it's "technically" hers... and i'm added as an occasional driver. which isn't bad in the least for my wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    thats what i just did. i let my mom put my car in her name, so it's "technically" hers... and i'm added as an occasional driver. which isn't bad in the least for my wallet.

What you need to do now is start saveing money now, because eventuly you will be off the policy and your going to need a whole bunch of money to continue driving.

Put some away if you can, if you can get enough to pay a year ahead it will not be such a problem later on.