Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parkour!

Error404

I don't 'do' it...But I can do one or two of the moves. I'm a fat geek so most of it is off limits to me as I'd probably break my legs/arms/ankles if I landed on myself. XD!

When I was like 13 I thought I could do it. I spent all my time running around town looking like an idiot because I am not a gymnast at all. Smashed my head a few times and finaly gave up. I had a friend who did it, and was bette at it than me. But he joined the army.

Always thought it looked like a lot of fun. . . but sadly never tried wish i could though. I'd probably wind up as street pizza !

It looks fun, and I think the people that can do it are very good. But I can't do it.

Just a question, why is there two names for it? I think freerunning sounds better than Parkour personally.

I've studied a couple of the moves, and I'm fairly certain I *could* if my life depended on it... but I haven't actually done anything. I'm kinda on the lookout for groups that would help me practice.

(And, I'm actually more interested in l'art du déplacement -- like parkour but with fewer flips. I'd probably use it more like a martial art than a performance art.)

Parkour/Free-running/Urban-running is amazing.

I don't know if anyone else saw the "American Ninja" episode of "Ninja Warrior," but they had a guy on there who did just this. He not only jogged through the course and made it look simple, but he did so while doing backflips off one ledge to another.

I don't think I'd even try at this point; I'd get wedged between railings and they'd have to send firefighters to cut me out. And those guys have better things to do than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamaker View Post
    It looks fun, and I think the people that can do it are very good. But I can't do it.

Just a question, why is there two names for it? I think freerunning sounds better than Parkour personally.
    Parkour, I believe, was designed by a frenchman to quickly escape through urban terrain from perusers, and to get from point a to point be as fast as possible. Freerunning is doing crazy flips and shit off walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I don't think I seen a video that tops this one yet.

YouTube - Russian Ninjas, Russian Climbing Ninja, Parkour in Latvia
    That's brilliant, especially where he's on the jungle gym / monkey bars. It all looks to effortless, and the people who do these things have a very specific body type--sinewy and lean, unfortunately for me. They're all whip-like, which is very frustrating; I'd like to see someone with a power-lifter's build do parkour sometime.

Meh.

Oh, and it was strange hearing French rap music. :p