Thread: Secure X-Plus better than Bambino?

Default Secure X-Plus better than Bambino?

So, I recently ordered some Secure X-Plus diapers to add to my stash. I figured the would be pretty similar to Bambinos, being made by the same manufacturer. What I didn't expect, though, was that the X-Plus actually seems thicker and more absorbent. I think part of it might be the big blue "gel" strip in it... I guess that would not go with the "baby" look of the bambino. I also heard someone mention that bambinos magically got thinner when they started selling boosters.

At around the same price, I think I prefer the Secure X-Plus. I do like the plastic of the Bambinos just a little better, though.

Thoughts?

did bambinos really get thinner or is that just rumor?

Well, the Bambinos I bought this summer were a bit thinner than the ones from last summer (I still have one left for comparison.. I couldn't bring myself to wear the last one at the time ). However, the first batch I got were mediums which were wearable but a little on the tight side (plus I put on a few pounds in the past year, haha) so I got large this time. I don't know if they made them all thinner of it's just because the padding is spread over a larger area. Perhaps I'll order some mediums in a few months when I get to drop some pounds .

I've used both Bambinos and Secure-XPlus, I compared the tow side by side about a year ago and they seemed pretty close...the Secure X-Plus being slightly thicker. I Do remember liking the tapes on the Secure X-Plus over the Bambinos even though they are basically the same.

I'd like to try a Bambino with their new "sented" booster, I'll be sure to post my thoughts when I get around to it.

-Gus

Darkfinn

Have you posted this thread on another board? I swear I've seen it somewhere before.

No... Secure is not better than Bambino.

Bambino uses more SAP (more absorbant), a softer outer plastic (feels better), and has larger pores in the inner lining (absorbs more quickly). It is all-around a better diaper.

Thickness is really subjective. The finished diapers are compressed by a roller before they are put into the pack... the same diaper can be either thicker or thinner when packaged by altering the weight of the compression roller.

Take a Bambino out of the pack and let it sit on your dresser for a day or two... it will fluff back up and be quite thick.

I have half a pack of Secure X-Plus from about a year ago that has been sitting in my dresser, loosely stacked, basically taking up space. When I take them out and compare them to the Bambinos I bought several months ago (also loosely stacked), it's a difference of night and day in thickness. I don't know what Bambinos used to be like, but they honestly don't compare to last year's Secure X-Plus.

They are a lot softer though...

Talking

It's a matter of opinion. I happen to like the Secure X-Plus better. The Bambino tapes cut into my thighs too much when I sleep in them. Since I spend more than my fair share of money on them, I boost them up in order to take full advantage of the capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    Have you posted this thread on another board? I swear I've seen it somewhere before.

No... Secure is not better than Bambino.

Bambino uses more SAP (more absorbant), a softer outer plastic (feels better), and has larger pores in the inner lining (absorbs more quickly). It is all-around a better diaper.

Thickness is really subjective. The finished diapers are compressed by a roller before they are put into the pack... the same diaper can be either thicker or thinner when packaged by altering the weight of the compression roller.

Take a Bambino out of the pack and let it sit on your dresser for a day or two... it will fluff back up and be quite thick.
    Nope. This is the only diaper forum I read (let alone post to) . Although, it's not a particularly original topic, so I'd not be surprised if it's been discussed before.

As far as amount of SAP, where did you find that out? Just your experience? Ripped them open to check? I do like bambino, it's just the secure seemed to hold a bit more for me. I'd rip some open to do my own test, but that's a waste of perfectly good (and not cheap) diapers . I'd have to do something good with it, like make it a youtube video.

Darkfinn

If I remember correctly... someone on dailydiapers posted the differences between Secure and Bambino... someone who is familliar with the company and both of their product lines.

I have used both and they seam pretty much the same to me. I have not ordered any since last year but would like to compare this years to last to see if they have changed or not.