Thread: Hiatus.

Default Hiatus.

Well, I've had a good run here, ADISC.

But I've just received an ultimatum from my parents. If my grades don't come up next semester, they're not helping me with money. And my biggest problem has been the Internet. So I'm leaving my laptop at home during the fall semester in hopes that I'll be able to stay on task.

This means no ADISC for me. I'll be back when I'm back, which could be after the semester ends or maybe never.

I've loved it here, it's by far the best ABDL support group I've ever been a part of.

So see ya on the other side, guys. <3

Good for you. I left my laptop at home last year between thanksgiving and Christmas break and it worked out really well for both me and my grades. It also got me addicted to online chess and go (both playable on school computers).

Well, I wish you luck with school & hope your grades do come up!!

We will be here for you, when you do come back & if you can't for some reason, just know that we are still here for you!! **hugs**

Icey

I wish you luck also. But I wonder about two things: school-related internet access, and non-internet use of a computer, say for word-processing, or spreadsheets.

Addictions are not generally treated simply by quitting something: they need to be replaced by a substitute. If you really are addicted (and have impulse control problems) you might look into a 12-step program: no, really. Google "internet addiction" - here is one site Internet Addiction Test (IAT)

And let not the irony go unnoticed: adisc counselling you on dealing with addiction to adisc.

You will be missed Ollie...but those grades are definitely more important! Are there computers there to use? I know if I DIDN'T have my laptop at school, I definitely wouldn't be able to be as successful, I find it to be a true necessity.

Darkfinn

Abandoning your hobbies and support is not a good way to get better grades. You will just be more stressed because you have less outlets.

Best wishes on your studies. Sorry to hear you won't be around for a while. Identifying a problem and attempting to treat it is the right way to go, whether this particular action turns out to be right or not. I hope over time you'll reach a reasonable balance in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    I wish you luck also. But I wonder about two things: school-related internet access, and non-internet use of a computer, say for word-processing, or spreadsheets.
    The library has plenty of computers, and they are open until 11:30. Plenty of time for me to do my homework. And I took that test, and I am definitely addicted to the Internet as a whole.

The reason why I'm leaving my computer at home is so I don't have access to the Internet whenever I want. I stayed up way too late all the time just because I was on the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    Abandoning your hobbies and support is not a good way to get better grades. You will just be more stressed because you have less outlets.
    I'm not abandoning a hobby, I'm abandoning an addiction. I'm planning on getting more involved with the activities the school has to offer (intramural sports, the gym, clubs, camping outings and such) and using those to replace my computer time.

I know this is the right thing for me to do, and already, I feel like I've gotten rid of a huge burden, because I know I won't have a problem with staying on the computer too long. I may check in here occasionally from the school's computer, but not a lot.

Thanks for all the support, guys. <3