Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello to All

Default Hello to All

Hi. Iím new.

Background:

Iím 19, male, asexual, and a DL.

I realized that I had a sexual attraction to diapers somewhere around age 12-13 (I have some memories which suggest an earlier fascination, but 12-13 is where it became apparent). When I realized that the attraction was sexual, I thought there was something wildly wrong with me, and I came out to my mom. She was accepting, had an inkling of the fact that fetishes exist, but thought Iíd grow out of it. I have never since mentioned it to her and Iím led to believe she has either forgotten or believes I grew out of it.

Around age 15, I used the power of the internet to discover that I was not alone.

I have never had any sexual interest in men or women. Since most in the AB/DL community appear to have a sexual orientation alongside their fetish (which isnít even always a sexual fetish), I still felt like an outcast. Recently, I came across the concept of an asexual orientation. Determining that I was asexual was a watershed moment for me. I finally knew exactly where I fit. For the first time, I felt like I truly understood my own identity.

So now, Iím here on ADISC to fully embrace my DL side. Iíve been lurking here for some time, and Iíd to be a part of this community in particular (not something I can say about other AB/DL sites). Iím not out to any of my good friends (yet), but would like to stop keeping my DL side pent up inside of me.

To be honest, my actual experiences with diapers are very limited because Iím good at being paranoid. This will change in the next few years as I eventually have an apartment, but until then, Iíll remain mostly a lurker in the main forums Ė Iím not one to comment when I donít have something constructive to add.

Interests:

Iím very, very, very left-brained.

I find the sheer complexity of biological systems beautiful. Iím pre-med, though Iím not sure whether Iíll ultimately end up as a doctor, a medical researcher, or an academic Ė I just know that 10 years of school/residency/post-doc are in my future before Iíll actually have a real job.

I used to be an avid Magic: The Gathering player Ė now I donít have the time alongside a college workload. I now play poker (at which I am profitable).

I follow politics. I consider myself a moderate on economic issues and very libertarian on social issues (as I imagine are most AB/DLs).

I look forward to being more than a mere lurker from now on
    Last edited by Fruitkitty; 04-Aug-2009 at 15:59. Reason: Correcting Typos

EmeraldsAndLime

I'm wondering... why is the cake nut free, and how will it be distributed amongst everyone here? I suggest a process whereby those who actually like nuts in their cake get a slightly larger portion than those who do not.

(Welcome!)

Oh, not to worry. Adisc has more than its share of nuts just lying around waiting to jump into any situation.

Welcome to our community, we love it when newly-anointed members make such a comprehensive first post. Keep that up and you will suffer more love than our oldest members
    Last edited by skinnypuppy; 04-Aug-2009 at 15:00. Reason: eradicate rogue emoticon

Quote Originally Posted by NutFreeFruitcake View Post
    For the first time, I felt like I truly understood my own identity.
    yay

So now, I’m here on ADISC to fully embrace my DL side. I’ve been lurking here for some time, and I’d to be a part of this community in particular (not something I can say about other AB/DL sites). I’m not out to any of my good friends (yet), but would like to stop keeping my DL side pent up inside of me.
    yay again

This will change in the next few years as I eventually have an apartment, but until then, I’ll remain mostly a lurker in the main forums – I’m not one to comment when I don’t have something constructive to add.
    Well, good you aim not to spam. But there is no need to rein in everything that is not Pulitzer-worthy. I would like to get to know you, and small-talk and off-topic stuff accomplishes this. You seem worth getting to know, and, speaking for myself, would enjoy getting on with this process. I am a gregarious raccoon. You may like our IRC channel or even skype: it is ok just to listen, if you like, and jump in when it suits you.

I love your username. Nut-free fruitcake:

I find the sheer complexity of biological systems beautiful.
    Oh hey, me toos.

I now play poker (at which I am profitable).
    I consider myself duly warned.

I follow politics. I consider myself a moderate on economic issues and very libertarian on social issues (as I imagine are most AB/DLs).
    Fiscal conservative, social liberal here, and hater of any sort of extremism. Those arch extremists should be rounded up and sent for re-education.

I look forward to being more than a mere lurker from now on
    yay
    Last edited by Raccoon; 04-Aug-2009 at 22:53.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    I'm wondering... why is the cake nut free, and how will it be distributed amongst everyone here? I suggest a process whereby those who actually like nuts in their cake get a slightly larger portion than those who do not.

(Welcome!)
    The nuts are a lie

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    Well, good you aim not to spam. But there is no need to rein in everything that is not Pulitzer-worthy. I would like to get to know you, and small-talk and off-topic stuff accomplishes this. You seem worth getting to know, and, speaking for myself, would enjoy getting on with this process. I am a gregarious raccoon. You may like our IRC channel or even skype: it is ok just to listen, if you like, and jump in when it suits you.
    I'm glad that I sound interesting. I may just jump into the IRC channel sooner or later; it would be nice to chat with like-minded people.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

hey and welcome to the community, please leave your sanity at the door and enjoy your stay.

also welcome.

Glad to have you with us! As they say, the more the merrier.

Welcome.