Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To those with kids

Default To those with kids

Men:

When your wife was pregnant, did she experiance any kind of incontinence and did she have to wear diapers?

Women:

When you were pregnant, did you experiance any kind of incontinence and did you have to wear a diaper?

I am asking this because I read somewhere that many women have incontinence during their pregnancy.

My ex never wore diapers when she was pregnant, but she did wet herself a couple of times. She went off on me when I suggested she wear a diaper. But, she went off on me about a lot of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    My ex never wore diapers when she was pregnant, but she did wet herself a couple of times. She went off on me when I suggested she wear a diaper. But, she went off on me about a lot of things.
    Ouchey

No I don't have any kids but I thought I should read any ways to catch up on my reading

My wife didn't experience any incontinence, but our daughter was 11 weeks early, so the pressure on her bladder wasn't as great. She also takes DDAVP for diabetes insipidus.

In the late stages of her pregnancies, my wife wet herself a few times. She wore pads out of precaution.

No I did not suggest that she wear diapers. Reason is simply that being pregnant wasn't much fun for her; it was very "intrusive" to her in that "something or someone" had taken over her body. Not a good state of mind to be playful with any of my stuff. It was a matter of respect and dignity that I didn't suggest it.

As I write this I realize how complex my relationship with diapers really is. I write about dignity and respect, but at the same time I write this in relation to my wife whom I convinced in the past to wear diapers when we participated in events where you don't have access to bathrooms for several hours (watching a long parade, First Night in Boston...).

Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    Men:

When your wife was pregnant, did she experiance any kind of incontinence and did she have to wear diapers?

Women:

When you were pregnant, did you experiance any kind of incontinence and did you have to wear a diaper?

I am asking this because I read somewhere that many women have incontinence during their pregnancy.

My wife didn't experience any that I know of with our first, and so far with our second which is due in 4 weeks. I know she has to go pee about every hour, but she can't hold it very long anyhow. I am pretty sure she might have had a couple "dribbles" though, but not enough for me to call it incontinence. I think this is pretty normal prior to child birth.

After child birth is a different story. If a woman has a "conventional" or vaginal child birth, then some damage or tearing can occur and ice paks are usually used to reduce swelling. Quite often a diaper can be used to hold the ice pack in place. I have also heard that the strain on the body from the birth can cause a small amount of incontinence, but nothing that is significant or permanent.

Cole

I have heard from numerous sources--both scholarly and anecdotal--that women giving vaginal childbirth actually birth twins.

One child is brown, if you follow.

Nurses are really quite good about whipping the paper away, so most women aren't aware that's what has happened.

My wife did not experience any incontinence during her pregnancy but she did warn me not to make her laugh too hard cause she was certain she would wet herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bokeh View Post
    My wife did not experience any incontinence during her pregnancy but she did warn me not to make her laugh too hard cause she was certain she would wet herself.
    She says that to me daily.