Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disney World

Default Disney World

Disney World is like a big playground for adults. Every time I go there I feel like I'm a little girl.

Darkfinn

Couldn't this be lumped in with the "Disney Land" thread?

I fail to see the point of starting a thread based upon your statement... it leaves little to discuss.

Disney land I don't think will ever compare to diisney world, they just don't have the room to do it.

Mako

Naw, this deserves it's own topic because the awesomtasitcal mako kitty who is definitely not leaky is going on his vacation next week ^-^

So to add something to discuss, I've never been before, nor has my daddy/boyfriend. So any tips or suggestions from people who've been?

I went to Disneyworld just last month i had fun except for the amaizng humidity. Also space mountain was closed so i was a bit bummed. I have been to Disneyland before, but was never old enough to remember. But we went on the ride that everyone always goes on at the Magic Kingdom... SMALL WORLD! to be frank i was disappointed with it, and my dad said that Disneyland's Small World was better than Disneyworld's.

Isn't Disney World just some cheep southern knock off of Disneyland?
    I did Disney Land in "68" and plan to never visit Florida again as long as I live.

Quote Originally Posted by Nam Repaid View Post
    Isn't Disney World just some cheep southern knock off of Disneyland?
    I did Disney Land in "68" and plan to never visit Florida again as long as I live.
    I think it was there attempt to just make a Disneyland on the East coast so people don't have to go across the country.

And as for visiting DisneyLand in '68 did you mean Disneyworld? or are you saying after visiting Disney Land you will never go to Florida for Disney World

angelabauer

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceGPM View Post
    I think it was there attempt to just make a Disneyland on the East coast so people don't have to go across the country.

And as for visiting DisneyLand in '68 did you mean Disneyworld? or are you saying after visiting Disney Land you will never go to Florida for Disney World
    In 1968 the first construction started on Walt Disney World in Florida.

Planning for it started in 1955, weeks before the opening of Disneyland, because Walt Disney was upset that motels he did not own were located on streets near the main entrance. He made it clear to his staff the next park would be on so much land none of the theme attractions could be seen off the site. Originally Disneyland was 109 acres. Disney managed to buy 44,000 acres in Florida before the public knew about those plans. The original cost of Disneyland including the 109 acres was USA$9 million. The original budget for EPOCT at WDW was USA$490 million and it cost USA$1.65 billion before it opened.

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceGPM View Post

Sorry for the confusion, Florida is an issue for me. I visited Disneyland in CA back in 68 as a 9 year old kid. I had a geat time. My first and ONLY visit to Florida was to drive my mom there in the midst of my dad dumping her in 91. Yea I was in my 30s but it was the most hellish time of my life. One or the other would stay with me while the other was back in Fla... Now there back together and down there and they can stay there and rot in the heat!

I like Disney World. It's huge and there is a lot to do. I liked Space Mountain, so I hope it's open when you go. Like I said in the other thread, the haunted house is really cool. You can go on a submarine, which semi submerges, and you can see the marine life. There are plenty of places to eat with various themes. I think you will have a good time.