Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DL Question

Default DL Question

I, recently, looked at your Wiki for more information on Diaper Lovers. I took this term literally; as in, when I marked myself down as a DL yesterday, I thought a Diaper Lover meant a person who... well, loves to wear diapers

But, reading parts of your Wiki, and parts of Wikipedia, I gathered that a Diaper Lover is a term that's used for people with a diaper fetish...? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't have a diaper fetish. I just feel comfortable and safe in them.

So, my question is: Is it possible to be considered a Diaper Lover without having a fetish for diapers? Or, if I'm wrong, could someone clarify? Thanks.

Darkfinn

There is a grey area in there defining the difference between being AB/DL or being a Diaper Fetishist.
    You can be DL... liking diapers, but not the baby stuff, and not be a Diaper Fetishist... someone who wears diapers purely for sexual pleasure.

IMO this community is way too hung up on definitions. Worry less about what category you fit into... the words are not important. Be who you are and define yourself as that.

I'm a diaper lover, even though i only use them for comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    There is a grey area in there defining the difference between being AB/DL or being a Diaper Fetishist.
    You can be DL... liking diapers, but not the baby stuff, and not be a Diaper Fetishist... someone who wears diapers purely for sexual pleasure.

IMO this community is way too hung up on definitions. Worry less about what category you fit into... the words are not important. Be who you are and define yourself as that.
    "Fetish" is very specific diagnostic language.

Feeling comfortable and safe in diapers does not a fetishist make.

I consider myself a DL, however I use them for both pleasure and comfort.

-Gus

Elli

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    "Fetish" is very specific diagnostic language.

Feeling comfortable and safe in diapers does not a fetishist make.
    I agree with you, and with Darkfinn, that terminology can be useful to specify accurately, but also can be used as a restrictive label.

You hear some (often younger) people say things like, 'I've been a TB (or AB) for five months now and I want to get a bottle.' It's a bit like with sports or hobbies, as though they're saying, 'yup, I'm definitely into this long term, I think I'll buy the kit.' Hey it's fine if they want to, but knowing how important but fragile identity can be during adolesence, I hope they aren't prescribing themselves a label with a set of behaviours or goals to achieve. If a person has desired diapers for a while and eventually get some, that is a personal achievement to them, but I mean that they shouldn't be thinking, hey I think I am a TB so I must get diapers, or I must get a paci to be a true member of the community. This is not a gripe, I just find it interesting.

Anyway, veering back from this tangant, I don't call myself either or any of the terms. I have AB tendencies, and some DL traits but I prefer to just be a person who likes to wear nappies sometimes. Or who is still fixated with her childhood.

When Wikipedia mentions the fetish part they most often refer to the sexual arousal originating from wearing and using a diaper. But since so little research has actually been done about infantilism the labels really are worthless. There are so many grey zones where you can't tell if you are either DL or AB\TB. The labels are just extremes in a world where most people are a little bit of both. Some people have a dominant side, some are indifferent. I think it's quite common to have a "parent" side. For example, a DL might be interested in diapers and does not consider himself an AB. Suddenly a stressful event occur in his life, and he discover a wish to regress, just because he's already using diapers. In the same manner an AB can get aroused from wearing and using diapers. It's all very confusing.

Wikipedia can't quote all this, because it's only speculation on our side. Everyone have a different view about their infantilism and we are all biased. The only real problem is that no serious research have been done and all that is quoted on Wikipedia stem mostly from self-therapy, even if parts of it originate from the medical world.

Bottom line: Don't label yourself. Just be whoever you are, deep inside your heart.

I have to agree with the post above. I think of myself as a dl, however I have some tb tendencies like using a pacifier and having a plushy. I've been into diapers almost my whole life, however they are a more comfort/relaxation thing for me than a sexual thing, alot more. I've have myself listed as a dl/tb, however I don't find I fall into the two extremes, it's not something that I would worry about, simply for the fact that I never take something that is posted on wikipedia to heart.

having been into diapers since childhood, mine would be classed as a fixation (and i have more than one). rather than it being sexual, a fixation tends to be sensual, although in the throes of puberty it can take on sexual hues. as with general sexuality, until puberty is finished, it is not a closed and shut case as to what you may be.
    and to confuse matters more, there's widespread mis-use and mis-association of many words and ideas related 'this' thing and many others; just look at how some people will group the concepts of cute and sexy together. and so, you can find yourself being misled (or misleading yourself) into thinking that you're a particular something, when you're not.

Elli

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    having been into diapers since childhood, mine would be classed as a fixation (and i have more than one). rather than it being sexual, a fixation tends to be sensual, although in the throes of puberty it can take on sexual hues. as with general sexuality, until puberty is finished, it is not a closed and shut case as to what you may be.
    and to confuse matters more, there's widespread mis-use and mis-association of many words and ideas related 'this' thing and many others; just look at how some people will group the concepts of cute and sexy together. and so, you can find yourself being misled (or misleading yourself) into thinking that you're a particular something, when you're not.
    I agree and think I your post is insightful.