Thread: The return of a "god"?

Default The return of a "god"?

after what happened in F1 Hungary gran prix, with the accindent that involved Massa, Ferrari needs a new pilot for next races.

Looks like the pilot they found is Michael Shumacher, retired pilot 7-times world champion, won five consecutive drivers' titles with Ferrari from 20002004. Schumacher holds many records in Formula One, including most drivers' championships, race victories, fastest laps, pole positions, points scored and most races won in a single season. Schumacher is the only Formula One driver to have an entire season of podium finishes.
    He retired after 2006 F1 championship.

after some rumours, he finally accepted and will race next.

what do you think about his return?

Interesting. I wonder how much practice it takes to get the edge back. Stuff happens awfully fast in F1.

Prayers, good vibes, and all that go out to Massa. What a totally freakish accident. Finally got around to watching Hungary last night. Final stage of LeTour won out in real time Sunday.

It was a bad weekend with a death in formula 2, and a near death experience in formula 1. I for one love what schumy is doing, even if he comes in dfl, he will still have the eyes of the world on him. I hope felipe recovers well, but there is talk that this may end his f1 career due to vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    what do you think about his return?
    Micheal Jordan, Lance Armstrong, Bret Farve... Need I go on?

For those that don't get it.... when you come back from retirement after a few years... you normally suck and everyone is meh.

Darkfinn

You forgot Michael Vick.

And here I thought this thread was going to be all about me being a VIP again... again... again.

For all shall tremble and be silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Micheal Jordan, Lance Armstrong, Bret Farve... Need I go on?

For those that don't get it.... when you come back from retirement after a few years... you normally suck and everyone is meh.
    Thats just it though. The true athlete will not give a damn, as they just want to get to play again. F1 drivers get to pilot some of the most retarded shit on wheels, and they get paid too much money to do it. I would probably sell my soul to just get to drive one, much less race in a GP even if it meant getting lapped all day and coming in dead last.

Well said BobbyJeff. Athletes are who they are because they love their sport. Winning is important, but playing the game more so. You can't play at the top level just for the money. It has to be in your head. In most cases, what the spectators think is way down the list of things to worry about.

As for climbing into an F1 cockpit, never. It would be pointless. I don't have the reflexes for it to be worthwhile. A friend let me drive his old-school 911 once, and encouraged me to run it hard. I simply didn't have the talent or the nerve. Even after going to 100 in a few seconds, taking a tight turn at 80, I could hear the car whispering in my head "Come on you <small cat>, at least do something to make me breath hard". I was superfluous. The car didn't need me.

Error404

And here was me thinking you were all celebrating me getting back from the ADISC meet-up...

you're jesus... not god!

anyway, I think the guy comming back to the f1 is a good thing, it's a good driver and might be some competition for the rest.

Little ollie

Quote Originally Posted by Error404 View Post
    And here was me thinking you were all celebrating me getting back from the ADISC meet-up...
    Or me coming back to ADISC.