Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Technician Outside?

Default Technician Outside?

Okay, I am getting a little freaked out! This AT&T technician has been out side of my house for about an hour and he already serviced us. I think he is steaking out the house for us to leave and then rob us. Should I call AT&T and tell them recall this guy, or should I call the police? Regardless, I have my bayonet in hand ready in case this guy trys to storm my house.

But seriously, what should I do?

Darkfinn

quit freaking out... go see what the dude is doing

if the guy really is a AT&T tech and actually preformed real work the odds of him waiting to rob your house are pretty slim. Like Darkfinn said go out and ask the guy what he is doing if he's already finished work on your lines.

He's more likely to tap your lines then trying to rob you. :P

Jackass, if you think someone is doing something outside your house you don't post that fact to an internet forum. YOU CALL THE POLICE. Or, if like me you think you are billy badass you get your gun and go ask him what he is doing exactly. But I would just CALL THE POLICE.

Oh, shit, you caught me, DT! Did I fix everything in the house? Good. Now I'm going to stand out here and type to you on this forum just before I slip in and rob you of all your stuff!

No, he's not there to rob you. If he was, he wouldn't be so damned obvious about it. He's probably doing some manner of follow-up work.

Hes probably filling out reports so that AT&T can bill you for more than is needed to pay for the job they did.

Any time your a suspicious of a service worker showing up, call the provider and ask if they sent someone out. It's a common scam (though mostly within corporations) to send out phony service people, because people will let them inside, or such, and then do something shady when the people are not watching. If AT&T really sent him, then like was mentioned, it's pretty unlikely he's out to rob your house (even if he wanted to, that would be a pretty stupid move!).

I think you're making too much of this, put the weapon down, take a moment to calm down, and then observe what he's doing. If it truly looks "shady" then call AT&T or the police.

If the guy isn't leaving, take down the license plate # of his van and ask to see his company ID (in that order). Call AT&T's 1-800 number and have them confirm that this guy is who he claims to be. There's nothing wrong with a little healthy paranoia.

As the saying goes, trust but verify.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    Okay, I am getting a little freaked out! This AT&T technician has been out side of my house for about an hour and he already serviced us. I think he is steaking out the house for us to leave and then rob us. Should I call AT&T and tell them recall this guy, or should I call the police? Regardless, I have my bayonet in hand ready in case this guy trys to storm my house.

But seriously, what should I do?

Can I get some dramma, oh some drama!