Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Back in Aussieland.

EmeraldsAndLime

Default Back in Aussieland.

Huzzah!

Now I can post more than dry one-liners.
    Last edited by EmeraldsAndLime; 28-Jul-2009 at 02:02.

Well at least they were dry...thats not always a given in present company.

Scale from 1-10: How was North America?
    Scale from 1-10: How glad are you to be home?

=D. Hope you had a great time. I'd imagine it was a helluh time.

EmeraldsAndLime

How glad am I to be home? About an 8.
    Nothing beats seeing your home base when you've been away for a while, but it does denote a return to responsibility and the mundane.

How was North America? That's a bit too broad to give a simple figure from 1-10. Each place I visited was incredibly different, and I gained a number of both positive and negative perceptions about each, reasons why I'd love and loath to live there, none of which were the same for any city. It's hard to measure something like travelling around. But for the most part, it was an enlightening experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    Nothing beats seeing your home base when you've been away for a while, but it does denote a return to responsibility and the mundane.

How was North America? That's a bit too broad to give a simple figure from 1-10. Each place I visited was incredibly different, and I gained a number of both positive and negative perceptions about each, reasons why I'd love and loath to live there, none of which were the same for any city. It's hard to measure something like travelling around. But for the most part, it was an enlightening experience.
    I know you're probably wiped from the trip, but you should do a write up of where you traveled and your impressions and experiences from each. I have been lucky enough to travel a fair amount around the US, and I always love to hear about an outsider's opinions and experiences of our corner of the world. There is a lot of negative perception of 'mmmerrakins abroad, but I think that for the most part people here don't differ much from the rest of the world. Average working people just living their lives day to day, trying to make sure that they and theirs are cared for.

Aye, there is *nothing* better than sleeping in your own bed once more.

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyjeff View Post
    I know you're probably wiped from the trip, but you should do a write up of where you traveled and your impressions and experiences from each. I have been lucky enough to travel a fair amount around the US, and I always love to hear about an outsider's opinions and experiences of our corner of the world. There is a lot of negative perception of 'mmmerrakins abroad, but I think that for the most part people here don't differ much from the rest of the world. Average working people just living their lives day to day, trying to make sure that they and theirs are cared for.
    Only a bit louder and more obnoxious!

I'll try to write something when my head's feeling better.