Thread: Boots Plastic Pants 31+lb(14+kg)

Default Boots Plastic Pants 31+lb(14+kg)

I purchased some plastic pants from the UK in a 31+lb(14+kg) and I was wondering if any UK users had any experiences with these? I mean how is the sizing on them? do they run big or really small? I can fit into the old school Gerber 31+lbs and over plastic pants and wonder how these Boots kind will be.

Elli

I can't be of any use on this one, although I do use Boots.

I once bought Boots training pants (cloth with patterns) when I was 18 or so, in the largest size they had. The garment itself wasn't much smaller than my normal underwear but of course, it wasn't half as stretchy as underwear so it couldn't fit. The leg holes were too small. No surprises there though, it's made for toddlers. I have considered Boots adult plastic pants, but never decided to buy any.

Sorry that I can't give my opinion. You say you tried Gerber plastic pants though, so how do you think these Boots ones compare?

Quote Originally Posted by Elli View Post
    I can't be of any use on this one, although I do use Boots.

I once bought Boots training pants (cloth with patterns) when I was 18 or so, in the largest size they had. The garment itself wasn't much smaller than my normal underwear but of course, it wasn't half as stretchy as underwear so it couldn't fit. The leg holes were too small. No surprises there though, it's made for toddlers. I have considered Boots adult plastic pants, but never decided to buy any.

Sorry that I can't give my opinion. You say you tried Gerber plastic pants though, so how do you think these Boots ones compare?

I think I know what kind of training pants you are talking about. Gerber sells them as well with the cloth on the inside and plastic on the outside, its basically an all in one training pant. I cannot fit in the all in one Gerber kind that are made of cloth and plastic, they are much much smaller than the plastic pants only even in the largest size. I have found that it seems like companies make the plastic pant by itself a whole lot bigger than the all in one cloth/plastic pant.

I figured I would give the boots plastic pants 31+lb(14+kg) a try just to compare them to the Gerber's. I do believe that the ones I am getting are atleast a few years old because I checked the boots site and they come 5 in a pack and the largest size I believe is a size large. The ones I am getting say "child size" on the package and come 6 in a pack. I hope I can still squeeze into them and hope that they have a good feel to them

Nobody here can tell you what will fit you off the cuff. Sizes vary, according to country, manufacturer, and production tolerances. Depends on the fit too: you might get proper leg/waist holes in a huge and saggy garment, or a snug fit that lifts and supports, really, cross my heart. I would say watch out for the really cheap plp's though: thin material which wears or does not tolerate chemicals well (detergent, bleach, ammonia, uric acid) or repeated wet/dry cycles, or heat cycles (even sun-drying.) The stitching is key: stress cracks often form at the pont of entry of the thread holding the elastic, and propagate unchecked; the ends of the elastic can let go, and detach as the thread is pulled looser; and generally I found it is wise to ignore the very cheapest PRIVA brands of plastic pants sold through mass-merchandising stores like pharmacies. Actual rubber hold up well, has its own distinctive smell and sound.

How small can one be to fit into toddler-sized plastic pants? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by tk7432 View Post
    How small can one be to fit into toddler-sized plastic pants? Just curious.

Well I don't know what my exact waist size is but I wear size 32 jeans which sag on me and I can fit into the Gerber Toddler size plastic pants. I will add that I do love just wearing the plastic pants by themselves

the boots stay dry plastic pants are in hip sizes.
    so go the next size up you nead.
    this gives room for a snug fit over diaper.