Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving out... padding up.

Jeffy

Default Moving out... padding up.

Ok, so to start this off, I'm moving into an apartment with two other guys across the street from my college.
    They know I'm gay, they know I'm a furry. I just don't know if they're prepared to learn about that other special part of my personality and behavior n.n;
    I am prepared to purchase a lock for my door (and give a copy of the key to the apartment office of course!) and a constant supply of padding (well that's every tb's dream amirite? to move out and just sit around in diapers all day? lol)
    Here's the catch, how am I supposed to go about the roommate deal? Should I just go ahead and come clean with it? They're two very loving and respectful people and I have a lot of love and respect for them, I just don't know if they can really take much more of my "weirdness". Or should I continue to hide it the best I can?
    Any other advice?

Well if their not ready for it, it might come as a shock and they might back out of the apartment agreement and then you get stuck making the full payments.

Them be accepting so far is a good sign so. I wouldnt just come out and tell them tho. Drop subbtle hints here and there, see how they react and then see where to go from there.

I wish you luck. ^_^ Kokuei ^_^

I have lived with roommates successfully for years without "coming clean" about my *B side. (Knock on wood that it continues successfully!) It's not like it's particularly hard to hide your diapers, and if your roommates are reasonably respectful, you'll probably have plenty of time by yourself to wear. Although I'm sure that your roommates are generally great people, you should ask yourself what you hope to gain by telling them. For me personally, since I don't wear 24/7 and don't want to involve my roommates in any way, I don't have any compelling reason to tell my roommates. Think of it this way: what they do in their rooms is their business, what you do in yours is your business, and unless whatever one of you is doing in your room interferes with the other person's ability to live happily and peacefully in the apartment, then it should stay that way. In any case, just my two cents.

Good luck, and keep us updated!

Jeffy

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    what they do in their rooms is their business, what you do in yours is your business, and unless whatever one of you is doing in your room interferes with the other person's ability to live happily and peacefully in the apartment, then it should stay that way.

Good luck, and keep us updated!
    I'm going to mention this at our next meeting!

And I'll keep everyone updated!

<threadjack>
    Also I'm having a cubby housewarming party the day we move in, i'm having a couple baby/diaper furs over and I'm gonna cook for everyone and we're gonna has a good time. Should I just keep the party in my room, or should I pay my roomate ten bucks to vacate for a day? (cause the other one is gonna be on vacation until the 4th, seems like a better time than any right?)
    </threadjack>

Peachy

My advice is: Don't tell them. Wear behind your own doors, and put pants on when you go into communal areas. I'Ve done that with roommates and never had any problems, when I lived with other people.
    Obviously, that means taking into account some restrictions what you can do with and in your diapers, but even if the roomies accept your diaper wearing, I doubt they'd want to be exposed to the sight and smell of them. So even if they know, you'll be subject to restrictions. Gotta have your own place to roam around in stinky diapers Or wait until everyone's out

Peachy

i agree with peachy and duffy. don't tell them, and if you wear around them be discrete. there's no reason why they should have to know. if they decide to go snooping around in your room or randomly pull your pants down someday they will have only themselves to blame for what they might find. the fact that you wear diapers is a private thing. you probably don't want to know all of THEIR kinks and secrets and masturbatory fantasies either.

I'm going to go with what everyone else seems to be saying, basically that there's no point in telling them. I had housemates in college, and I always had a stash of diapers somewhere in my room, however I would keep them hidden. I did wear them under clothes in common areas of the apartment from time to time, but only dry unused ones, and it was never a problem. The housemates I had all had a respect for each other's privacy, and to my knowledge none of them ever found out about them. They didn't go snooping through my drawers and closet, just like I never would go through their personal stuff.

Basically, I really don't think you have anything to gain by telling them. It's not like it would be acceptable to walk around your college apartment in just a diaper or anything.

Do they run up to you with descriptions of their dildos or brew their custom lubes in the kitchen, and have you taste their latext recipe? I have had 2 gay room mates in my time, one guy, one girl, and neither pinned hunk/girl of the month calenders in the living room; nor did I.

Plus they might have nothing against diaper-wearers but may be concerned with dirty ones being around, and you don't want to have to go into details of "I do #1 but not #2", or have written agreements about disposal issues, or worries about whether you are allowed to sit on their leather furniture. I am with Peach and Avery on this.

<threadjack>
    Also I'm having a cubby housewarming party the day we move in, i'm having a couple baby/diaper furs over and I'm gonna cook for everyone and we're gonna has a good time. Should I just keep the party in my room, or should I pay my roomate ten bucks to vacate for a day? (cause the other one is gonna be on vacation until the 4th, seems like a better time than any right?)
    </threadjack>
    Don't pay money; thash silly. Do give them their space if they have their bridge club over. Do not randomly yell "Play the king!!" or "Revoke!!" If they pay rent they have a legal right to be there; staying out is a courtesy; but do keep the noise down after 10.

"Ya know..I'm having a few of my mom's "friends" over for a few hours...Here's $20, use it wisely, the usual rate is $30/hour!" Try that.

I'll add myself to the number of people that have been living away from home for college/University. Just keep them out of them and be a good flatmate. There is no need for them to know and need for them to get involved. even that is just showing off or them sensing a funny smell behind your door.

But feel free to walk around the communal areas padded under clothes occasionally. You're old enough to understand the risks and take on the responsibilities. So you should have no trouble picking the right way to do things. As long as they don't know and don't find out while keeping them happy. What is there that is wrong?

I've done it on a few occasions, very fun and my flat mates didn't suspect a thing.