Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: opinions requierd for a quesiton to all

Default opinions requierd for a quesiton to all

me and my new boss were talking and somehow got to this question, now i disagree with him totally but he thinks it's true. now he is a christian and believes in the bible and such, goes to church 3 times a week. i'm not saying only gays can answer this i would like to know what other people think about this and i want an honest opinion.

Do you think society as a whole can influence or turn someone onto the same sex OR is it something that they are born with and develop though there life?. another though of can events that have happened to a person though there life influence that aswell?

I think we're born the way we are. No matter how much someone pushes you i don't think you can really "Change" to be gay or straight. However as events that effect your life, there may be something traumatic that will change the way you feel about a certain sex, but i still don't think you will ever really be able to commit to it.

I feel that you're born with whatever sexual preferences you're going to have. Those that say they have gone from gay to straight may feel they have a greater connection with God, and want to please him. I think they also get brainwashed into believing that they've been "cleaned" and whatnot into thinking that being gay is wrong. I'm sure there are plenty of people who may believe they have converted, but all they may have done was repress it.

A gay guy can choose not to put penises in his mouth, but he can't choose who to be sexually attracted to any more than I could choose to be sexually attracted to a fat, hairy guy in assless chaps. What your boss may not be liking is society becoming more accepting of homosexuality, a natural product of which will be more people coming out as gay.

I think your born the way you are, but I wouldn't rule that out.

Quote Originally Posted by SulliLan View Post
    me and my new boss were talking and somehow got to this question, now i disagree with him totally but he thinks it's true. now he is a christian and believes in the bible and such, goes to church 3 times a week. i'm not saying only gays can answer this i would like to know what other people think about this and i want an honest opinion.

Do you think society as a whole can influence or turn someone onto the same sex OR is it something that they are born with and develop though there life?. another though of can events that have happened to a person though there life influence that aswell?
    I think even a handful of people your close with can influence you to chose one sexuality over another. I don't think it really sticks to the core of the person since as people we are ultimately responsible for our own actions. However as one of my best friends was/is gay the LDS church offered him "guideance" when he was having a very, very hard time. A time where I couldn't be there for him, a time where all his most recent friends were unable to be there and help him cope with his situation.

So sadly, yes a group of people can influence you to do just about anything I guess. At least if you have trust in them.

For the record, I am "straight" (really I don't care about sex at all and just see it as a means to procreate) I am also christian and conservative. However as long as a gay person is civil and doesn't try to do some shock value type stuff to rub it in people's faces. I am fine with them.

I would suggest you show your boss a wonderful documentary called "For the Bible tells me so."

It talks about 5 families who cope with Christianity and having a gay child. It's very positive, won many awards and reveals a lot of myths backed up by scholars and researchers who fully understand the subject.

I highly recommend it. I promise you, you'll find it moving and informative.

Quote Originally Posted by fida View Post
    I would suggest you show your boss a wonderful documentary called "For the Bible tells me so."

It talks about 5 families who cope with Christianity
    yay he said

"cope with Christianity"
    As to being born gay or not... And this topic has been aired before and my opinions with it... I think we are born with tendencies; some are more or less influenced by society or other things; some people are destined to be hard and fast gay or straight or other, others have more room for nudging. Look at jailhouse gays. Look at straight guys who have a man-crush on another guy but are not physically attracted... but are a step or two closer to having gay feelings than a dyed in the wool straight guy.

Opportunity, personal attitude to being open to one's feelings, pressure (societal or not) all may play a role, in some people more than others. Being bi-curious is very normal; some experiment and confirm their straightness - others are seduced to the dick side. Oh yeah, plus there are serial bisexuals who change preference from time to time; I have known 2 women in that camp.

We come in all shades and colors and tints and hues; I myself don't come in Hugh's but understand those who do. ("How could I leave this behind?" - Spinal Tap YouTube - Spinal Tap with Jarvis Cocker - Big Bottom

I do not much care for most Christians' view of homosexuality, regardless of the #visits/week they make to church:
    Last edited by Raccoon; 25-Jul-2009 at 08:07.

I think you're born gay, although I do believe that certain events MAY effect your sexuality in a very, very small way. I remember awhile back hearing something on the radio about how they suspected that children with overbearing mothers were more likely to be gay; in my opinion that makes some sense. I mean my mother is incredibly overbearing and I'm gay, and my brother is bi, so I think my relationship with her may have kinda effected the way I form relationships with other females, but I'm not sure. Either way, it's not something you can change.

I belive everyone has their own prefrences when born. I do belive some are more solid than others. Now, as to whether someone can influence one in the opposite direction (gay to straight & straight to gay) is highly plausible. Our enviornment that surrounds us shows clearly that it has profound effects on us and how we percieve things. Now, this is just my own perception of this and it most likely has quite a few flaws in it but, if you put an easily influence, open minded gay/straight person into a room with those who belived in the opposite i belive the person might have there ideals changed, whether by fear, respect, feeling a need to conform or forced assimilation. Now what methods should be used would be dependent entirely on the person involving plenty of trial and error. also please take in my mind this is no quick, in & out type deal. it may take many years if not longer to change ideal bred into them from birth, and success can not be guarenteed. Nothing is ever guarenteed. Its just a theory but i belive it can applied to most anything but not to anyone.