Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got some laxative, but how long do they work for?

Default Got some laxative, but how long do they work for?

I've found this bottle of laxative and wanting to use it. How long does it work for? It says starts to work in 6 to 12 hours, but how long after it starts working?

there should be doseing info on the back.

Jeffy

Always follow the prescribed dose.

If you want something that you KNOW when it takes effect and loses effect for sure... try fleet suppositories n.n

It depends on how much you take. It probably should not be more for a day, although they are more designed for constipation than for just pooping, so it could last longer. I'd wait and use them on a weekend where you know you won't be doing much of anything. Also, stay hydrated.

If you are not otherwise having issues with regularity, there is probably no need. A "normal" poo is usually a little less messy and stinky than the cramping, smell, and general discomfort of having a loose caboose.

There are also enemas, which don't take nearly as long to get to work.

Jeffy

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota13 View Post
    There are also enemas, which don't take nearly as long to get to work.
    Always a good decision!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
    Always follow the prescribed dose.

If you want something that you KNOW when it takes effect and loses effect for sure... try fleet suppositories n.n
    ...Suppositories...Freakin' nightmare...Try a fleet disposable enema...Both are fun, though...The enema works within about 5 minutes, but is uncomfortable if you don't like tubes and tube shaped things in your butt...

Peachy

Moved to AdultBaby-forum. Don't want to give the younger members dangerous ideas!

Darkfinn

Most laxatives start working within 8-12 hours and once you "start" you will be going for an hour or so... or until you are cleaned out.

I've experimented with laxatives before... I didn't find the experience to be that pleasant... a lot of cramping and gas preceded the actual event. Plus it took f o r e v e r for the pressure to build up to where I had to go.

Honestly you are better off getting some fiber supplements and having a big meal at a Mexican restaurant.

Laxatives will produce bowel movements... but you'll need fiber to make bulky stools... otherwise all you get is runs.

Also of note... laxatives can dehydrate you... so drink plenty of fluids.