Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plushies in stores?

Question Plushies in stores?

Almost a ridiculous question, but pup's been achin' for a plush, and dunno quite where to look! Hasn't peeked through a Toys'r'Us in a while, but last time he did the only options were Elmo and Spongebob, you know? Same thing at Wal-Mart... Kohls has some promotion with big-for-being-small (12") nice leopard, gator, and... duck... O_o plushes very inexpensive, but pup wasn't looking for a leppie or a gator or a duck. @_o

Pup wonders if anyone's seen a decent selection of Gund-type just-a-nice-stuffed-animal plush at a Major Retail Edifice lately - Department store? Mall-type store? Pup knows it's nice to support the locals but would feel very creepy walking into a mom'n'pop toy store - a little too much customer service for pup, sure they're just trying to be helpful, but pup wouldn't want a plush that reminds him of panic and whatever story he'd have to make up! (Pup knows adopting from Goodwill is popular, but that's just not for pup.)

Pup thinks the last places he's even seen a real pile have been gift shops at rest areas along Major Interstate Highways, in parts of the country where people are more prone to Collect Things. So is there anywhere pup can walk in and likely find a stuffed animal Of Reasonable Size and buy it like a person? Or should pup give up and go straight to mail-order?

Pup would love to find something like a "Tundra" husky or vaguely related, though hopefully in a bigger size.

curiousitykitten

build-a-bear

some things are like 10 dollars but usually its good quality

What others said- build a bear workshop is the best bet for a husky ^^ I got my bear there, and after doing a silly little dance (which is actually fun if you're not with friends/parents. >w<) and them showing you how they make it "come to life" and stuff, you get your bear and you can dress it up. ^_^ One thing...i recommend NOT getting music put into it, because when snuggling...music that plays suddenly scares the living daylights out of you. XD mine plays Brahm's lullaby but now I wish it didn't. lol

http://www.buildabear.com/aboutUs/co...tabs_locations
    Should show you where the nearest store is for you ^^ and you dun gotta worry about making up some story, most of the workers assume that it's a present for someone else. They WILL make you do the dance though. XD trust me.

Wal-Mart, Target, Toys R Us, etc all have stuffed animals. As far as a Gund one goes, you might be out of luck. You can go to Build-A-Bear for a more custom stuffed animal.

10 dollars for build a bear?! The cheapest is like 15 here in the uk! And thats the CHEAPEST!! Not including sounds, and clothes, and all that jazz!

Quote Originally Posted by talula View Post
    10 dollars for build a bear?! The cheapest is like 15 here in the uk! And thats the CHEAPEST!! Not including sounds, and clothes, and all that jazz!
    it's about 12-16 here iirc. depends on which bear you get, and if you get any clothes or stuff to go with it. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Sila View Post
    What others said- build a bear workshop is the best bet for a husky ^^ I got my bear there, and after doing a silly little dance (which is actually fun if you're not with friends/parents. >w<) and them showing you how they make it "come to life" and stuff, you get your bear and you can dress it up. ^_^

and you dun gotta worry about making up some story, most of the workers assume that it's a present for someone else. They WILL make you do the dance though. XD trust me.
    Eee. Pup has a weird sort of anxiety [problem? situation? disorder?], and that actually terrifies pup. ^^' But so pup bumps into new insights about just what sets that off, which will probably somehow be helpful to him!

[Since pup said it - pup's juggling two separate thoughts, one about pup's alternating fear and amazement on a childhood visit to a Disney park... and the other about how pup will proudly 'humiliate' himself in all sorts of ways for someone he knows has care or respect for him, but gets that want-to-run-screaming feeling from any condescension or 'forced fun' (is there a difference?) as part of, say, a retail situation where the other party is really just out for pup's money yet has control based in pup's desire to complete the transaction. Pup will now go down a rabbit-hole as to whether this has anything to do with his generation's supposed obsession with 'authenticity,' but might scrounge a more useful thought from it later.] Even regular malling mauls pup unless he's in a group, then it's not so bad. (Some sort of tribal, pack thing? Defense from 'vicious' lurking salespeople forced to contrive an interaction in the hope of a commission or just keeping their jobs? Pup feels safer in big-box stores where nobody but CCTV has eyes on him until he's at check-out or asking a question, or holes-in-the-wall where there's legitimate reason to talk with the clerk.)
    Or maybe pup's just extra-afraid of 'suspending disbelief' with a random employee enough to have actual fun, since fun's such a vulnerable emotion. Pup might be a little haywire in 'preferring' to always fear the worst just to avoid the surprise of having his party crashed. [But that feeling - when social harmony's lost for some reason and you realize you're suddenly being looked at like you have a third head - is the worst feeling ever to pup! Or at least the least forgettable - it snuck up on him over time, but now pup's too easily trained...] Now aren't you glad we had this little talk? @_@

*Yip!* Uh, forgetting all that, pup squints at all the cute Build-a-Bear plush (available online without promoting any puppy panic!) and has a more basic question: Husky is socute, but for pictures, husky is propped up in that quadruped pose - makes a plush look cute when 'sitting' but is so awkward for actual snuggling if you don't want legs in the way! Is he poseable enough to stretch his paws out in person, or should pup rule him out if he's after that sprawled-out huggable-looking "Tundra"-style pose?

[Pup'll also have to spin past a Toys'r'Us again, maybe they were just particularly 'dry' when he last looked, during the peak of the Wii season.]

I dont remember sadly whether or not the legs are posable or not D: if you'd like I can ask their customer service for you ^^
    also, pup should totally come in irc x3 he sounds too cute! ^-^ Would like to get to know him better, that I would. *nodnod*

Darkfinn

Your best bet for finding a nice plushie these days is online. E-bay or any number of online retailers (google is your friend). I went to toys-r-us a few months back looking for a new companion for Teddy Bear... their selection was pathetic!