Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRC Trivia

Default IRC Trivia

I've been playing this for about a year on various sites and I think it's really addictive. Does anybody else play?

I have before. It is alot of fun, We used to have a channel for that, cant remember what it was thought

Dude84

Knowing of a particular IRC channel that Arlikra uses, I can also say it's entertaining. :-)

I though the Adisc/TBDL version died out of lack of interest though?

Dude84

Quote Originally Posted by Arlikra View Post
    Aww that sucks... I would have loved to have kicked everybody's ass
    I'm sure you would.

I was always a little sceptical (being my naturally cynical self, lol) that many of the questions would relate to US-centric topics or be overly concerned with diapers, so I never actually used it. My statement about lack of interest is merely as ascertained from other people. *shrugs*

Besides, I like participating in a non-infantilist "sponsored" trivia channel. :-)

I played trivia on IRC for a few years. It was fun, but there are some people who are way too obsessed with it, and it ends up with way too much drama. So, I kind of moved away from that. Now my primary use of IRC is for technical topics.

Dude84

Quote Originally Posted by chevre View Post
    I played trivia on IRC for a few years. It was fun, but there are some people who are way too obsessed with it, and it ends up with way too much drama. So, I kind of moved away from that. Now my primary use of IRC is for technical topics.
    The particular channel me and Arlikra frequent regularly doesn't suffer from much drama, fortunately. Granted, there will occasionally be someone appear who isn't "helpful" but such happens everywhere.

I will refrain from disclosing which channel here though, as we both use different aliases to keep it separate from our "AB type" personas on here.

i played it a few times, but meh, i preffer idlerpg :_)